Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed Tesla Model X issues: frozen camera, brake fault, high voltage system fault, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You have no insight what so ever to be able to make this statement. I just got a new computer yesterday and it is 2 revs newer than other's I have seen discussed.
That's a good news, though we don't know if the changes in the newer revision are related.

My car was manufactured a few days before I reported the issue - so, at that moment, I was quite sure that they didn't have newer revisions.

Many times, people mentioned that they never use superchargers. You can't travel for longer than 2-3 hours without using them. Just logic.
Really? Doesn't the Model X have range of ~330 miles? That is over 5 hours of driving at 65 MPH. The Model S has even more range, at ~400 miles, which is closer to 6 hours of driving before you would need to charge.

Really? Doesn't the Model X have range of ~330 miles? That is over 5 hours of driving at 65 MPH. The Model S has even more range, at ~400 miles, which is closer to 6 hours of driving before you would need to charge.
Do you really believe in that? 😁

Once, I could drive only 220 miles before depleting the battery. When driving on freeways, the actual range is about 250 miles. In the city, it's very close to what Tesla stated (350 miles). Once, in the mountains, I could drive 40 miles for free and ended up with even more charge than I had before started.

Do you really believe in that? 😁

Once, I could drive only 220 miles before depleting the battery. When driving on freeways, the actual range is about 250 miles. In the city, it's very close to what Tesla stated. Once, in the mountains, I could drive 40 miles for free and ended up with even more charge than I had before started.

I got 231 miles in my 2016 S 60D. You can't be serious.

Last edited by a moderator:
My March MX shows the issue after driving to a local supercharger just 3 minutes away. You don't have to drive 2+ hours and then supercharge to manifest this issue. There's no clear evidence of this being an overheating issue and no evidence that it is not. Please stop pushing an incomplete narrative.

Reactions: bhzmark
My March MX shows the issue after driving to a local supercharger just 3 minutes away. You don't have to drive 2+ hours and then supercharge to manifest this issue. There's no clear evidence of this being an overheating issue and no evidence that it is not. Please stop pushing an incomplete narrative.

I agree. The "Car Computer", which appears to be a Tesla part name, is not just the Ryzen.

It's the CPU, GPU, LTE, Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, CAN Gateway, video/audio hub, and more. Basically everything packaged up inside a liquid cooled metal frame. There are at least 3 separate boards inside.

A number of the components above could have failed due to heat or defect to cause this issue.

For how long are you charging before the issue manifests?

Moderator Note: In a rare effort to clarify for readers, it's worth noting that the OP has self-deleted a significant number of their posts (15+) from this thread, which remove some context. While that action is the OP’s prerogative, and there will be no disclosure of the content, I understand that there are some missing holes in the flow of dialogue here and this disclosure may aid readers in understanding those gaps. It may also help thread contributors engage appropriately moving forward.

It appears there is a real issue here, and though this thread has some unnecessary contention in it, we’d like to keep it open so that owners can discuss and perform fact-finding on the issue. Best of luck to those affected.

Moderator Note: In a rare effort to clarify for readers, it's worth noting that the OP has self-deleted a significant number of their posts (15+) from this thread, which remove some context. While that action is the OP’s prerogative, and there will be no disclosure of the content, I understand that there are some missing holes in the flow of dialogue here and this disclosure may aid readers in understanding those gaps. It may also help thread contributors engage appropriately moving forward.

It appears there is a real issue here, and though this thread has some unnecessary contention in it, we’d like to keep it open so that owners can discuss and perform fact-finding on the issue. Best of luck to those affected.

Is it possible for someone to take over ownership of the thread?

Is it possible to block individuals from the thread?

I agree that the value of this thread is very high; this issue is real. But it is becoming very frustrating, overly alarming and misleading.

BTW, thanks to you and other moderators for the time you invest.

Reactions: jc368 and nhaneezy
As I mentioned earlier I have a refresh Model S that exhibited the frozen screens and various error msgs, including dyno-mode while driving on a road trip with blind spot cameras on, triggered by backing up from a supercharger. It did that twice, and each time easily resolved with a two wheel reset. I turned off the blind spot cameras as I didn't find them useful, and the issue has not reappeared although I'm tempted to try to reproduce it on both the July '21 build S and the April '22 build X that are available to me.

Meanwhile, because the issue is so easily resolved with a reset, I'm not going to worry about it, but will watch to see what Tesla does and see if an eventual computer replacement is in order for either.

As I mentioned earlier I have a refresh Model S that exhibited the frozen screens and various error msgs, including dyno-mode while driving on a road trip with blind spot cameras on, triggered by backing up from a supercharger. It did that twice, and each time easily resolved with a two wheel reset. I turned off the blind spot cameras as I didn't find them useful, and the issue has not reappeared although I'm tempted to try to reproduce it on both the July '21 build S and the April '22 build X that are available to me.

Meanwhile, because the issue is so easily resolved with a reset, I'm not going to worry about it, but will watch to see what Tesla does and see if an eventual computer replacement is in order for either.

This is interesting that you saw the same intermittently on your refreshed S.

I am taking a trip this weekend with the new computer replacement and will report back end of weekend. It should be pretty clear (on my car anyway) whether the new computer replacement solved the issue. I have been able to reproduce the issue multiple times on my last 3 road trips.

Based on the video I posted a few pages back, the refreshed S and X have the same computer module.

Reactions: Pricedm and jc368

Thanks for this info; I find useful, as I'm considering a refresh Model S. Looked at a 4/2022 build date, appearance was impeccable.

Reactions: bhzmark