Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed Tesla Model X issues: frozen camera, brake fault, high voltage system fault, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The detailed test results for firmware 2022.12.3.3:
  • Outdated feed from the backup camera - reproduced
  • No signal from the side cameras - not reproduced
  • False input from physical controls. Reproduced multiple times for the left wheel button on the yoke (scroll up and press) and the honk button on the yoke - not reproduced
  • False signal from proximity sensors - not reproduced
  • False signal from open door sensors - not reproduced
  • Not working outside temperature indicator - not reproduced
  • Spontaneous activation of autonomous parking (when disabled in the settings) - not reproduced
  • Spontaneous activation of the service mode. The vehicle shows: "Do not drive. Improper use may cause damage or injury" - not reproduced
  • Brake fault - not reproduced
  • Parking brake fault - not reproduced
  • Steering assist fault - not reproduced
  • High-voltage system fault - not reproduced
  • Powertrain requires service - not reproduced
  • Air suspension requires service - not reproduced
  • Variety of charging faults - not reproduced
  • Not responding touchscreen in some apps - reproduced, new issue
  • False and missing navigation instructions while using Navigate on Autopilot - not reproduced
  • Not responding computer, even on the restart command - reproduced, more frequently
  • Spontaneous computer restart - reproduced, more frequently
  • Spontaneous error beeps of different sounds - not reproduced
  • False accident maneuver (the connection with the "computer overheating issue" isn't confirmed) - not reproduced
Just curious how did you "test" these...

The updated test results after updating to firmware 2022.12.3.3 on a faulty car computer 1637790-S0-D:
  • Outdated feed from the backup camera (showing the past and jumping to the present) - not reproduced
  • Jumping feed from the backup camera (showing the present and jumping to the past) - reproduced
  • False input from physical controls. Reproduced multiple times for the left wheel button on the yoke (scroll up and press) and the honk button on the yoke - not reproduced
  • The false signal from proximity sensors - not reproduced
  • The false signal from open door sensors - not reproduced
  • Spontaneous activation of autonomous parking (when disabled in the settings) - not reproduced
  • Spontaneous activation of the service mode. The vehicle shows: "Do not drive. Improper use may cause damage or injury" - not reproduced
  • Not responding touchscreen in some apps - reproduced, new issue
  • Jumping image in 3D games (showing the present and jumping to the past) - not reproduced (but reproduced on 1637790-S0-F)
  • False and missing navigation instructions while using Navigate on Autopilot - not reproduced
  • Not responding computer, even on the restart command - reproduced, more frequently
  • Spontaneous computer restart - reproduced, more frequently
  • False accident maneuver (the connection with the "computer overheating issue" isn't confirmed) - not reproduced

Last edited:
The detailed test results for firmware 2022.12.3.3 after upgrading to a brand new car computer 1637790-S0-F:
  • Outdated feed from the backup camera (showing the past and jumping to the present) - not reproduced
  • Jumping feed from the backup camera (showing the present and jumping to the past) - reproduced
  • The false signal from proximity sensors - not reproduced
  • The false signal from open door sensors - not reproduced
  • Not responding touchscreen in some apps - reproduced
  • Jumping image in 3D games (showing the present and jumping to the past) - reproduced, new issue
  • Not responding computer, even on the restart command - not reproduced
  • Spontaneous computer restart - not reproduced

Last edited:
Just curious how did you "test" these...
  1. Take a long trip >3 hours long.
  2. Go to a supercharger and charge up to 100%.
  3. While charging, search for a 4K video on YouTube on the secondary display.
  4. Increase the video quality to 4K (use the main display if needed).
  5. Start the racing 3D game on the main display.
  6. Show the backup camera.
This leads to two dozens of different faults on a faulty car computer 1637790-S0-D with firmware before 2022.12.3.3. Only to some of them after updating to 2022.12.3.3, including the not responding car computer and spontaneous restarts. And to even fewer issues after upgrading to a brand new car computer 1637790-S0-F.

Last edited:
The remaining issues are reproducible only under a high CPU load after a long trip. They are not reproducible under a high CPU load on a cold car computer. This confirms that the overheating issue hasn't been fully resolved even on firmware 2022.12.3.3 on a brand new car computer 1637790-S0-F.
  • Not responding touchscreen in some apps - reproduced
  • Jumping image in 3D games (showing the present and jumping to the past) - reproduced, new issue

I'm not saying this is silly,

.. well, ok, it is a little silly.

But silly or not, I actually have to commend you for your commitment. If you are truly driving your car for *three hours* plus a bunch of other steps *every time* you want to see if a particular error can be reproduced, that's showing some serious dedication. I don't really see what's in this for you anymore, you could have just swapped cars, accepted a few firmware updates, whatever, and moved on.

Tediously obtaining data points based on a hunch and then inviting others to see if they can reproduce your results has a name: it's called 'the Scientific Method'.

Or 'insanity'.

I can't tell which applies more here.

But whatever it is I'm still checking on this thread every once in awhile. It's been an entertaining show.

Turn on a YouTube video on the rear screen to see the remaining issues. I also recommend playing a 3D racing game while supercharging - this has been a very reliable trigger of all sorts of issues.
My car works. I'm not going to purposely do things during Supercharging that I don't normally do to just satisfy your curiosity. I could not reproduce the issues I was having with my car under normal use, so yes, my car is fixed.

Turn on a YouTube video on the rear screen to see the remaining issues. I also recommend playing a 3D racing game while supercharging - this has been a very reliable trigger of all sorts of issues.

On my last trip from Atlanta to Tuscaloosa (after computer replacement), my family watched YouTubeTV as well as Hulu for 3 hours, even while supercharging. Did not see any of the issues that I had previously.

Having said that, yes the software still has issues here and there. I have seen odd things happen like when I beep my horn, some times the music stops streaming or I get a random beep 3 seconds after blowing the horn. Again there are things to resolve, but for me none of them are related to this thread or all the issues I saw with the overheating CPU.

It's a driving computer and computer software has bugs. That will never change.

Got the 4th recall in two months and counting.

9EF3763D-7BFD-4F63-A447-5DB9FA419054.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: laceyboy
Having said that, yes the software still has issues here and there. I have seen odd things happen like when I beep my horn, some times the music stops streaming or I get a random beep 3 seconds after blowing the horn.
Actually that one is normal. Blowing the horn optionally saves video footage to your USB memory stick. The beep is the confirmation tone when the video is stored. I could believe that would be disruptive to music played from the USB, but I rarely do that, so not sure.

Hi,

I took delivery of my 2nd MX late last month. 3 days later, a friend sat in the passenger seat and the car went crazy. All lights on, low tire, brake, steering wheel, pixelated camera feed, etc. It only happened with a passenger. 11 days later I got it back and now my screen no longer tilts. SMH… heading back tomorrow…

Correction: Car Computer (Remove & Replace
Parts Replaced or Added
Part
TLA.AP-T.CONN-
Q,MCU-Z,MSX
FUSED(1637790-S0-F)

On my last trip from Atlanta to Tuscaloosa (after computer replacement), my family watched YouTubeTV as well as Hulu for 3 hours, even while supercharging. Did not see any of the issues that I had previously.

Having said that, yes the software still has issues here and there. I have seen odd things happen like when I beep my horn, some times the music stops streaming or I get a random beep 3 seconds after blowing the horn. Again there are things to resolve, but for me none of them are related to this thread or all the issues I saw with the overheating CPU.

It's a driving computer and computer software has bugs. That will never change.
Do you have the DashCam set to Save on Horn Beep. I think what you are describing is the Feedback from the DashCam triggering a save.