Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed Tesla Model X issues: frozen camera, brake fault, high voltage system fault, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This must be a software issue in the 2022.12.3 I've had my car for about 8 months and it just started having issues with wifi falling off for no reason until reboot and the touch screen becomes unresponsive especially when you first get in the car after its been sitting not plugged in for hours. It happened twice last few days, never seen either of those issues before in 8 months. Hopefully its fixed with any new updates after 20222.12.3.12 (which is what I'm on now)

Looks like that is the main infotainment MCU. Interesting that it’s already up to Rev F in the parts catelog.
I asked the service person if it was the infotainment MCU and she said no, it’s the communication computer. When I saw the invoice I thought she was mistaken because wit clearly says MCU. I did find that I had to re-setup my home link, wifi, and Bluetooth connection. But all of my profiles, Spotify login, etc carried over fine.

So I don’t know. Are you sure this is the infotainment MCU?

I asked the service person if it was the infotainment MCU and she said no, it’s the communication computer. When I saw the invoice I thought she was mistaken because wit clearly says MCU. I did find that I had to re-setup my home link, wifi, and Bluetooth connection. But all of my profiles, Spotify login, etc carried over fine.

So I don’t know. Are you sure this is the infotainment MCU?
They are all bundled together in 1 computer module; MCU, LTE, WiFi, comm gateway. Multiple boards in a liquid cooled shell.

• Informative
Reactions: renshcp and mswlogo
Ha so after 'escalating' to engineering they just wrote and said my car is ready for pickup. So I suppose they don't have a perfect fix yet.

Looks like I got a new version.

MSX FUSED(1637790-S0-D)

previous was in June
MSX FUSED(1637790-S0-F)

Who knows...you'd think D would be before F?? but I had F on my last service visit.

Ian.

Rev D is the glitchy one. Rev F might also be glitchy, but it worked fine for most owners.
Mine has been much better after replacement. after a long supper charge or very hot day I would still get errors that my park sensors were off line, that would go away after it cooled back down. Then after one of the last software updates that went away. Had a mobile service come out for another issue and was told they turn the fans up high now after charging. I did notice if I park just minutes after charging the fans are very loud now. All this points to a heat management problem with that module. My guess is running any other performance hogging apps makes it run hotter but I haven’t tried that to see.

Reactions: mswlogo