Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

REFUEL/TMC Connect 2017 Registration Open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

doug

Administrator / Head Moderator
Administrator
Hi Folks,

We're still working on updating the event website, but the mechanics are in place so I wanted to go ahead and open the registration link and get out the basic info.

TMC Connect 2017 will be June 23-25 in Monterey, CA to coincide with REFUEL EV Races at Laguna Seca.

Early bird registration is now open at this link: Registration

Friday June 23. Evening reception
Saturday June 24 Main Conference
Sunday June 25 REFUEL at Laguna Seca

The reception and conference will take place at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa On Del Monte Golf Course
Book hotel with this link: TMC Connect 2017

REFUEL registration for track day and time trials is open and handled separately here: REGISTER 2017 | REFUEL Races
Space in REFUEL is limited so please register early.
We'll also be doing an EV parade lap on the track which doesn't require REFUEL registration.

index.php
index.php

Attachments

• tmc-123.jpg
    tmc-123.jpg
    723 KB · Views: 731
  • tmc-173.jpg
    tmc-173.jpg
    544.1 KB · Views: 635
Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like registration at REFUEL implies participation on the track. What if I just want to observe? Do I need to register in any way?

Is the EV parade lap at Laguna Seca specific to TMC Connect and Tesla vehicles? Will I be able to participate in my Bolt EV?

Last edited:
It looks like registration at REFUEL implies participation on the track. What if I just want to observe? Do I need to register in any way?

Is the EV parade lap at Laguna Seca specific to TMC Connect and Tesla vehicles? Will I be able to participate in my Bolt EV?
You don't need to register for REFUEL for the parade lap. You can certainly participate with your Bolt.

Reactions: Jeff N
Thanks--The Hyatt rates you negotiated look very reasonable. Looking forward to a fun and informational weekend with like-minded acquaintances!
It's ok, you can call us friends. :)
Thanks about the room rates. It's cheaper on the wings too, in case anyone wants an extended stay. This is the same venue we used in 2014, so they were pretty good about working with us.

We'll also have a Tesla parking area.
Reserved Parking Area - Aerial View (1).jpg
Reserved Parking Area - Aerial View 2.jpg

Anyone remember who took these photos?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nosken
So would most people fly into San Jose or SFO?
SJC is definitely the closer of the two. But Monterey Regional Airport (MRY) is just 2 miles from the hotel and is really convenient. In 2014 I had to leave from the conference to the east coast and flew from MRY. I ended up having a connection in SFO, but it was faster to fly there than to drive there. Also security lines at SFO are kinda nuts. It was quick and painless at MRY.

Google Maps

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Ulmo and FlatSix911
Thanks for organizing. Going to try to actually make it this year.

On the second page of the conference registration, it looks like the days shown for the a la carte items don't seem to line up with the actual agenda, is that a mistake or did I not read it right?

Bruce.

• Helpful
Reactions: doug
For the noobies:

• Does spending the nights of Thu, Fri & Sat make the most sense for most participants?
  • Does there tend to be enough occurring on Sunday for a night-over then also to be sensible?
  • Is Thu night of less importance?
Thanks in advance from me and on behalf of others.

To be clear, we're back to our normal Friday, Saturday, Sunday schedule.
So Friday late afternoon/evening is the reception.
We expect most people will at least stay Friday and Saturday nights at the hotel. You can stay longer if you want to check out Monterey/Carmel which is pretty nice. There are beaches, the aquarium (as seen in Star Trek IV), wineries, etc. Monterey Hotels, Restaurants and Things to Do | Monterey County CVB

Check SJC first, it's at least an hour closer to Monterrey. Also might check OAK just in case they have something a lot cheaper.

I found non-stop flight to SJC.. nothing convenient through to MRY. I'll probably fly in Thursday night, stay in the area up there, and then drive down to CONNECT on Friday.

Is Thu night of less importance?

I'm sorry, I thought you mean the reception on Friday night. I don't know anything about Thursday evening.