Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refund fail

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used the Tesla website to get a refund for my Cybertruck order.
However, Tesla refunded the money to an old cancelled card.
I wish Tesla would have used the valid card associated with my account - which Tesla uses to bill me monthly for LTE.

There doesn't seem to be any way to contact Tesla to tell them how to fix this.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed besides sue Tesla in small claims court?

Thanks!

Sorry for the frustrating trouble. If you are reasonably near a service center, then I'd go there to get some guidance.

Did the store phone number not work/answer?

Boston-Watertown
457 Pleasant Street
Watertown, MA 02472
Store : 617-744-1835
Roadside Assistance : (877) 798-3752
Service : (617) 744-1835

If the refund has been issued, i dont know that you are going to be able to get the money back. You would have to do something like get the credit card provider to actually reverse the transaction somehow, or at a minimum get the money sent back to tesla. Dont think this is possible in all honesty. They must have issued refund on the original payment method and not via card on file in account.

I wish Tesla would have used the valid card associated with my account - which Tesla uses to bill me monthly for LTE.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed besides sue Tesla in small claims court?

Thanks!
Sounds like a consumer fail, it clearly states in the refund policy where the money will go that you agreed to

Thanks!
Other than going to a Tesla store directly, if you still have your account login, scroll to the bottom of the account page, and click the "Contact Us" button on the bottom.
Customer and Product Support | Tesla Support

During business hours, you can pick Vehicle Charging > Home Charging and then on the bottom "Do you need more help?" will show up. Click Yes and you will be connected to a Chat agent, who hopefully can get you connected to the right person to address your issue. I know that category is not related to your request (you can try the various categories to see if other options have that same prompt), but the important thing is just to get connected to a support agent.

I actually kept my deposit with Tesla from 2016 until a year or so ago when they finally chased me down and put the money in my hand. I'll not be canceling my CT deposit just to see how fast they get it back to me. Good luck with your deposit, perhaps go into a store and ask.

• Funny
Reactions: scottf200