Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refund for Plaid Plus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a plaid plus then after I thought it was going to be delayed I ordered a plaid. I’ve try to get a refund on the $1k plaid plus but can not get anyone to help me. Anyone else have an issue with this?
I have had similar issues where Tesla owed me a refund. Ultimately, I had to file a chargeback with my CC company since Tesla does not have anything resembling customer service or an escalation path.

Best of luck.

Upvote 0
I was in the exact same situation and cancelled just a week ago (my Plaid order came before my converted Plaid+ order!). The website/order documents seem to say they won't refund it but when you actually start the refund process online it shows you $1000 is coming back to your account. It'll show you the refund amount before your cancellation is final so no harm in just clicking it and seeing for yourself.

Reactions: whitex
Upvote 0
I was in the exact same situation and cancelled just a week ago (my Plaid order came before my converted Plaid+ order!). The website/order documents seem to say they won't refund it but when you actually start the refund process online it shows you $1000 is coming back to your account. It'll show you the refund amount before your cancellation is final so no harm in just clicking it and seeing for yourself.
It is strange. My plaid+ order is just gone from my account. I have the original order confirmation, plus they took the $1K from my account and I never got it back (and wasn't applied to the other Plaid I got). I've emailed the salespeople and even legal, no response... Disappointing.

Upvote 0