Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refund?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi: It's probably a non-issue, but I'm about to pay cash via ACH for a model 3 and I was just wondering if anyone has asked for their money back - either because of car issues at delivery - or after the trial and had any trouble getting a refund? I'm most likely not going to need a refund, but I just wanted to know how difficult it was to actually get one. Thanks!!

Can I ask why you returned them? No worries if you don't want to discuss....
The car was delivered without the hood emblem and a little chip on the inside rearview mirror.
I was going to keep it if Tesla repairs those issues, but Buena park service center did not want to replace the rearview mirror.
The vehicle was returned, and I purchased a LR RWD a week later at Marina Del Ray location because I had a bad experience with Buena Park, CA location.
IMG_5691.JPG
IMG_5779.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: LionXng
The car was delivered without the hood emblem and a little chip on the inside rearview mirror.
I was going to keep it if Tesla repairs those issues, but Buena park service center did not want to replace the rearview mirror.
The vehicle was returned, and I purchased a LR RWD a week later at Marina Del Ray location because I had a bad experience with Buena Park, CA location.
View attachment 543180 View attachment 543181

Interesting to note that your mirror has the little bumps/speckles around the edge. I have those too but only noticed them after having my front windshield tinted... was worried maybe the tint shop maybe used some spray that got over spray on the mirror and they let it dry too long or something... Anyone know what that is from?

View attachment 543180 View attachment 543181

I've had my car five months now and just went out to check my rear-view mirror - all ok. This seems a little thing, indeed is a little thing, but it is right where you look countless times while driving. It would detract from my OCD new car experience also. What amazes me is that Tesla would accept a returned car over this. How involved is a mirror replacement anyway. False economy that.