Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refurbished wheels instead of buying new ones?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello eastern neighbor’s form the Netherlands!;)

I’m wondering if there are companies in Germany that can refurbish car tires. Here in the Netherlands I can’t find any company that can do this.

I have winter tires that have too be replaced next season. For environment side it would be better too let them refurbishing.

do you know any company?

I know of some here in Switzerland, but as with anything here it is not cheap. I’ve done most of my own repairs using a Dremel and touch up paint. Also, unless you can personally deliver them and pick them up once repaired the cost of shipping both ways will be very high and probably not justified. You could reach out to most body shops and they can likely do it!

I know of some here in Switzerland, but as with anything here it is not cheap. I’ve done most of my own repairs using a Dremel and touch up paint. Also, unless you can personally deliver them and pick them up once repaired the cost of shipping both ways will be very high and probably not justified. You could reach out to most body shops and they can likely do it!

Drempel? For what?

I’m meaning the rubber tires

Hi @Myfirstone :

essentially what you mean is taking your Model S winter tires to a retreading/recapping plant, have YOUR own tires recapped, and then put them back on?

I don't know if it's feasible, and anyway I find it way too risky, for environmental reasons, to drive a Model S on recapped tires, be it your own, or (worse) from an unknown third party.

In any case, your worn-down tires are not merely scrapped, but recycled, and their original materials are put to good use.

If you are concerned about cost, there are plenty of acceptable-quality tires at low prices in the Model S dimension available.