TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Refuse delivery after payment

Discussion in 'Model X' started by jleonar1, Dec 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. jleonar1

jleonar1 Member

I'm waiting anxiously for my X90D. I'm obsessing with this site and have given up my daily routine to read everything here. With that reading I'm seeing all these horror stories about the X. Many issues I agree that the SC can handle but what if one of the fwd aren't lined up right and they say that's as good as it gets? I've already wired them the money. I want an X as badly as all the others here waiting. My question is can I refuse and ask for one that isn't out of alignment or are they always fixable? Do I loose the $2500 deposit if I refuse for that reason?

2. Finder

Finder Member

I am in the same situation as you for what it is worth. Sent the money the day before delivery and then they pushed it out a week. Delivery is on Thursday now.

Reality is that lemon laws exist for a reason. They get three tries to fix something as I recall. Have not read about anyone straight up refusing delivery but I doubt it would come to that if you are patient and escalate any issues calmly.

I have yet to read any rational posts here about people that didn't eventually get their issues fixed. Even the folks that are furious eventually post the problems were solved. As a result I am pretty optimistic.

Take some time to watch a few MX videos on YouTube - get excited about the car again. Make sure you write down any issues during the delivery appointment. Surely they will stand behind the car.

• Like x 4
  3. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

#3 MP3Mike, Dec 19, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    You lose the $2,500 deposit if you don't take delivery of a car. You can refuse and ask them to either fix it before you will accept it, or you can ask that they make you a new one. (And hope it doesn't have the same, or more, problems.)

• Like x 2
  4. SUMD

SUMD Member

Same boat here fellas/gals.

I was addicted to this forum before having decided to pull the trigger on the X, but the past few weeks I've been unabashedly obsessed. To the point where my wife thinks it's unhealthy :confused:

I've mentioned elsewhere that this is the first 'luxury' vehicle we'll be buying, and like most of you good folks here, I expected perfection. After having spoken with colleagues that drive somewhat comparable vehicles (MB, BMW, Land Rover, Maserati), I quickly realized that they all have issues to some degree- some mechanical, some cosmetic, and some even software-related! With that in mind, I'm feeling pretty good again about the X. Plus as @Finder suggested, have a go at some of the Model X videos on YouTube and that'll surely reaffirm what compelled you to the X to begin with :D

• Like x 5
  5. SUMD

SUMD Member

This. Totally forgot to address OP's question.

6. Driver Dave

Driver Dave Member

My last car, a Lexus SUV, had a huge flaw on delivery, a big antiquated gas engine.

My new X did not have this flaw.

• Funny x 17
    • Like x 2
  7. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

SUMD, you're wife is right, it is unhealthy. Jleonar1, remember the internet is for complaining. Your car won't be perfect, and anything it needs it will get, but it will be exceptional and all other cars will seem like jalopies when you drive away.

• Like x 4
  8. jleonar1

jleonar1 Member

Ok. I have backed off the ledge. Thank you all for your loyal X support. Now I'm waiting for 10am 12/27.

• Like x 3
  9. Xminus6

Xminus6 Member

I'm sure it will be fine. Reading any auto focused forum is a blessing and a curse. The people on the forum know more about those cars than anyone else. But forums are also notoriously for making problems seem more prevalent by selection bias. The people who tend to post more about their experience are people with problems. I picked up our X90D yesterday and other than a lousy level of "detailing" the car is great.

• Like x 2
  10. bugZPDX

bugZPDX Member

This is very true! I think the negative stories kind of have a larger impact on someone waiting for their car as well. It's a big purchase. Yes, we had a couple of issues. Nothing horrible and nothing that can't/won't be fixed. We LOVE our car. I'm excited for you and can't wait to hear about your MX.

11. jleonar1

jleonar1 Member

That is a problem I can manage. Thanks

12. Scmbug

Scmbug Member

We've had our X since July, and although it's had its fair share of issues, Tesla Service has always been fantastic! Sometimes we feel like a beta tester, but other times we are so amazed at the attention to detail and wonder why everyone else doesn't do it the same way. We've been a Tesla owner for over three years, and while some issues take longer to resolve, Tesla has always fixed the issue in the end! I can't say that about the other car manufacturers I've dealt with in the past. Your car may not be perfect, but from what I hear the ones coming off the production line now have come a long way. I have no doubt, you will love your car. It truly is amazing!! Also, remember that the people who are enjoying their cars are out driving them, not hanging out on these message forums as much. ;)

• Like x 2
  13. Bridor

Bridor Member

I have had my X for three months and my used 2014 S for 9 months. I have only had minor issues with the X (windows going up too high in the front and some separation of the right rear seat). I have had a drive unit go out on the S at 40K miles. The falcon wing doors have been flawless and I'm sure the factory is getting better and better at producing vehicles. I love the X and I'm sure you will love yours.

Brent

• Like x 2
  14. MTOman

MTOman Member

You're going to love it. I was nervous about build issues when I got my MS but it's the best car I've ever owned, hands down. Sure there have been problems (I'm on a loaner battery now while my pack is refurbished for the 2nd time) but Tesla has always been great about service so the occasional problem isn't a hassle. The rest of the time you have the most awesome car ever that is amazingly fun to drive. I actually just placed my order for a MX because I love my MS so much.

You won't regret it!

• Like x 2
  15. Hans Allis

Hans Allis Member

Picked up my X last week and it's flawless except for some s/w quirks

• Like x 2
  16. krazineurons

krazineurons krazineurons

My stipulated date is 12/28 and the X is still in production. What were your key dates? My DS is MIA..

17. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

Been there - done that - got the T-Shirt. Back in Oct 2014 - Jan 2015 waiting for my first Tesla (P85D). It doesn't get any easier until delivery but MAN is it ever worth it!

• Like x 1
  18. SUMD

SUMD Member

Less than a week left - can't wait! :D