TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Refused delivery. How long to fix?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by teethdood, Mar 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. johnnyS

johnnyS Member

Back in December 2012 our first model S had no problems. We got a 90D in December 2016. When we walked up to it my wife opened the rear hatch and it would not close. They mumbled apoligies and drove the car back to the service department before we had a good look at it. That evening a service porter delivered the car to my office in the dark.

Somewhere between those two transactions Tesla changed the system so that you pay for the car and sign papers before you even get a chance to check the new one. The first experience in 2012 was joyful, the second was a big disappointment. I have heard the newer cars are better, but the quality control and delivery process are worse.

• Informative x 1
  2. beths11

beths11 THE LONG RANGER

I got the same error message error message when I first got my car. It went away once I stopped trying to manually close the port door and let it close itself automatically after removing the charger.

• Informative x 1
  3. hill

hill Active Member

Thanks - i'll see about messing with it more once the Photosync film applique is completed & the drive home is done. Of course, we haven't messed with the charge port at all (yet) because it's still near full - from picking up just 21hrs ago. At least we won't have to get excited over the 8.1 update arrival.
    :rolleyes:

• Informative x 1
  4. teethdood

teethdood Member

Update 4-1-17

Home delivered at 7AM in bubble wrap. Everything has been fixed except the scratched rear bumper. In daylight outside of delivery tent, I can see that the scratches are many and long instead of just 1. I'll get SC to fix it I guess, but at least everything else is good. I'm happy that they were able to fix my car so quick.