Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refused Delivery Today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Be careful my friend - you will get ”You don't like it? Go back to your BMWs/MBs!” before you know it. :)
Well, in my case that would be the 2017 Bolt I've been driving for 3yrs now. :D
Compared to the disgraceful messes that Tesla is delivering to customers the Bolt had no paint/gap/fit/finish/leak, etc.. issues upon delivery and has been perfect for 45K mi of NY driving.

I consider myself more fortunate than some as I am already driving a full EV and my solar system provides 100% of my household and driving energy. I can wait for my MY for as long as it takes for Tesla to get their act together build wise, I'm in no hurry.

Any idea how long it takes to approximately get the next VIN assigned after refusing delivery?

I think it is dependent on where you live in the US, and your SC "pulling for you". My SC here in VA told me a week ago when I released by VIN due to vehicle damage, that I'm looking at late July for a new VIN assignment, with delivery in early Aug. I'm basically being reset like I put in a new order last week. My expectations are low, and assume I won't see an MY until Aug or maybe even Sept.

If you are West coast, especially CA, I believe you will do much better in terms of getting a new VIN and delivery date.

Well, in my case that would be the 2017 Bolt I've been driving for 3yrs now. :D
Compared to the disgraceful messes that Tesla is delivering to customers the Bolt had no paint/gap/fit/finish/leak, etc.. issues upon delivery and has been perfect for 45K mi of NY driving.

I consider myself more fortunate than some as I am already driving a full EV and my solar system provides 100% of my household and driving energy. I can wait for my MY for as long as it takes for Tesla to get their act together build wise, I'm in no hurry.

They will eventually get their act together. It is a publicly-traded company, so the pressure is high due to quarterly revenue reports. Unfortunately, people like us are the ones suffering. I am thinking about delaying mine till August.

@NY_Rob , @BreatheEasier , @GuntherWA Bellevue, WA service center still says that it might anywhere between 4 - 8 weeks to get the next VIN. Timeframe is similar If you were to order a new vehicle today. This is bad.

Well, surprise, surprise. Like GuntherWA, I magically got a VIN in source code today. I chatted with Tesla though the web, and they confirmed the vehicle was just built, and is being readied for shipment. VIN 14xxx. No texts yet. And I was told the same from my SC when I rejected last week - late July VIN, and early Aug delivery. I can't imagine they will be able to get this VIN shipped out here to VA and delivered before the 30th. Last time it took 8 days to get from CA to VA. They couldn't give me an exact build date in the chat. I'll be asking my SC for that info. Hopefully, my (2nd) blue/black isn't one of the "lightly painted" blue MYs that came off the line recently, because that is just crazy bad.

@rxlawdude the paint defect issue on many blue Ys is real- in fact when I dropped off my car for service 2 weeks ago and was waiting in parking lot before I was greeted, I looked at a blue LR Y behind mine to compare condition- that car had already been clear bra'd by a detailer (and there was a "don't wash car" slip on the dash to allow film to dry) and I clearly saw thin paint on the last 5" section of the rear hatch where it looked sky blue instead of dark blue (not a problem on mine); this issue requires a careful eye and favorable/lucky conditions to spot; overcast day might illuminate the issue or if it's sunny, the sun at the right angle. I'm not sure if the unfortunate owner of that Y knew of the issue; after discovering it on mine, I've been staring at all blue Teslas for presence of this characteristic if it's normal or truly a defect; thankfully service discovered, confirmed and took action.
The good news for me is that my blue one is of very recent vintage. Hopefully, they fired the operator of the paint booth who was on duty when yours was made. I'll report on the paint when I go to pick mine up.

And what do ya know...got my text to schedule delivery last night at Tyco Rd, and they gave me 2 days - the 27th and 28th. I'm still surprised that I got the VIN yesterday, and told the vehicle was still at the factory, yet they will have it ready for delivery in VA in 4 days? Really find that doubtful. My first VIN took 8 days to ship, then 3 rescheduled deliveries over 3 weeks to try and repair the defects, and then I eventually gave up. I hope this was late enough that the blue paint is not two-tone or missing paint. Guess I'll find out this weekend...

And what do ya know...got my text to schedule delivery last night at Tyco Rd, and they gave me 2 days - the 27th and 28th. I'm still surprised that I got the VIN yesterday, and told the vehicle was still at the factory, yet they will have it ready for delivery in VA in 4 days? Really find that doubtful. My first VIN took 8 days to ship, then 3 rescheduled deliveries over 3 weeks to try and repair the defects, and then I eventually gave up. I hope this was late enough that the blue paint is not two-tone or missing paint. Guess I'll find out this weekend...

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst!

Really?, when?

I bought my first Tesla in 2013 and have bought 14 since, all of them have and several issues including paint, windshield, gaps, sensor issues.

Tesla will never change.
Yes, but did you have all those issues in just one car?
We are seeing vehicles delivered with multiple significant issues, any one that could trigger a rejection. Making your customers jump through hoops to get manufacturing defects rectified is just wrong in any business. Not everyone lives just down the street from the Service Center or can take time off from work to drop off and pickup their cars multiple times in some cases. It is a major inconvenience that Tesla is imposing on it's customers, if they don't get a handle on things soon the good will will run out and it will come back around and bite them in the you know what.