Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refusing Delivery What are my options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nissan and EVs? Years of experience, yes, but they STILL don't have the battery thermal protection worked out. Ambient heat is brutal for degradation.
Toyota? EV? Where are they? (haha!) They have the hybrid systems, which are extremely complex, but they work.
Yup, we're early adopters, for sure. $50k is significant for us, as well, but we've got it figured out. Teslas are holding their value.

HAHAHA! Yes, context is everything.
I was responding to a particular member of this forum who is very consistent in his criticism of Tesla.
I've been accused of being a fanboy, anytime I say anything positive about my Tesla experience.

Reactions: rdrwtx
I just wanted to chime in here and mention that while I was a bit apprehensive about how dealing with Tesla service would go, I’ve actually been pleasantly surprised here in Southern California, and this was dealing with the notoriously overstretched Costa Mesa SC.

I think some of this has to do with expectations and what you are coming from too. I’m coming from BMWs for last 10 years and while the local dealer here is good, I actually feel more comfortable asking Tesla to fix something now without having to fear that they screw it up worse, than asking the BMW dealer.

Regarding panel gaps, I think that at this point this is a bit overblown. A lot of people will read about people’s experiences here and basically start to feel that if they get anything less than perfect panel alignment, they’ve been duped by Tesla. If they were to actually go out to a parking lot and start looking at other makes with the same critical eye, I think they’d start to feel better about their own cars. Panel alignment issues are more common than people realize, it’s just that finding them has become a bit of a sport with Tesla’s (admittedly due to some very legitimate issues with early builds).

Reactions: MP3Mike