Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refusing Delivery What are my options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why do you think it's "bothering the people."????
Civil discourse isn't bothering anyone at all. I always get to know anyone who services my cars, sells me my food, or the medical personnel that work for me.
Early in the am when you visit the SC, take a bag of McD's stuff. After early take donuts. They will love you for it. Its the gesture, the effort more than the taste.

Reactions: ucmndd
I’ve had a bad experience with my $70k PY. I got my car in Sep 2020 and the car has been at the service center longer than it has been parked in my garage. I’ve had issues with interior and exterior trim, door seals, glass, paint drips, body panels dented, cabin rattles, damaged rims, door alignment, rear spoiler comes detached (3x). Over the course of 30 days I found 32 items wrong with the car; some of which is still being repaired. My SA Luis at Buena Park tells me that some reported issues are within specs according to Tesla standards. Ha! What a joke... you can’t even call and speak to someone, everything is done through the stupid app. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER TESLA!! Absolute junk!! Another SA Louie from SA SC tells me that Tesla sells prototypes. That says a lot!​

Hey Marcant, I just came back from the SC at Buena Park...my SA Chris is helpful but sometimes gives me the "within spec" excuse as well...have you asked to speak with the SC manager yet? Keep pushing i had about 30 items i made them fix as well...they "dabbed" paint on an area and said that's the fix and I told them to go repaint the whole fender because this is not acceptable. My model Y has been in and out of service 3 times now...I think there's only one competent service tech there because eventually all the items get fixed...just takes too many trips to get it right.

Next time I'm back at this SC, I may ask to talk to the SC manager...i still have the PS lower rocker trim that they scratch and my DS tail light doesn't work anymore...hope we can all stick together as consumers and make sure they fix everything the right way.

A stack of $5 gift cards would do in a pinch.
Most companies would not allow their employees to accept this. It's seen as a form of bribery and could get the employee fired for accepting it. Food or other gestures without significant monetary value that can't be respent are generally ok, but due to covid that's out for the time being. Better off just to be friendly and and let them know that you appreciate their efforts for you. It's amazing how far simply being polite and saying thank you will get you with customer service people. And if that doesn't work, then no amount of gestures will work. Some people just shouldn't be in customer service lol.

• Disagree
Reactions: glide
Most companies would not allow their employees to accept this. It's seen as a form of bribery and could get the employee fired for accepting it. Food or other gestures without significant monetary value that can't be respent are generally ok, but due to covid that's out for the time being.

Usually there is a limit that is acceptable. At all the major multi-billion's I've worked for anything from up to $25-50 could be accepted. In some cases it needs to be reported to supervisor; often just to keep track if it happens too often, in other cases it doesn't.

I once got a "case" of expensive wine and was told it was okay to keep. But then the other time I received $1000 in cash in the mail; that had to go back. :eek:

Usually there is a limit that is acceptable. At all the major multi-billion's I've worked for anything from up to $25-50 could be accepted. In some cases it needs to be reported to supervisor; often just to keep track if it happens too often, in other cases it doesn't.

I once got a "case" of expensive wine and was told it was okay to keep. But then the other time I received $1000 in cash in the mail; that had to go back. :eek:
Can still be a hassle for the employee though. Especially if they don't receive things like that often. I think it's a great idea honestly, just that I'd hate to get a good employee in trouble or fired inadvertently through a gesture like that.

Speaking from being on the receiving end of such things (outside of jobs where tips are customary I mean) I can say that I almost always thanked them but refused to accept any money or gift card type gifts. While I really did appreciate, my time spent filling out the form to report the gift was worth more than the upper limit on any gift I was allowed to accept.

• Disagree
Reactions: glide
3 SC visits, actually only one repair.

1) Steering wheel mvmt, side-to-side. Replaced,
2) Driver's seat limited mvmt. Operator error, I didn't understand the odd "h" pattern of the mvmt.
3) Steering wheel motor "buzzing", vibrating, when operated. They will disassemble at visit number 4, adjust mounting hardward, Very miinor problem.

I guess my experience with my SC is flawed because I treat the employees like real human beings. FYI, no donuts, gift cards, other acts of decency, other than respect and zero belligerence.

You're right. It's time for me to buy another Toyota, from a dealer that continues to over-torque wheel lug nuts. You probably think they should be shot.

This car is a POS.:eek::eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Seriously? Did you read my latest post? ONE issue is making you worried? Otherwise the car is flawless.

rjpjnk: If you're worried, don't buy a Tesla. Simple. Keep in mind that ANY auto forum will be loaded with "issues", because the vast majority of people just don't bother joining car forums.

No doubt, Teslas are temperamental. My 2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited is NOT temperamental: it's flawless, at 120k miles, and...and...very pale. Ditto for my son's 2018 Prius. Amazing car. Boring. 2015 Leaf? Has cost me NOTHING in 43k miles except wiper blades, cabin filter, tires...NEVER a service visit except rotating tires.

Last edited:
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
As current buyers of EV vehicles I understand we have to expect a few bumps in the road as the developers learn and products improve over time. But when I hear stories like this of how trouble free Toyota’s and Nissan have been it reminds me of the risk of being an early adopter. Par for the course I suppose, and part of the adventure. I worry only because 50k is not an insignificant figure for me.