TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Refuting Claims of other Manufactures

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by vfx, Jul 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

OK, but it would be nice to have intelligently aiming headlights and vented seats.

2. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

I agree with the vented seats. My mom had them in her Lincoln Navigator. They were a stupidly good luxury. I have auto leveling headlights, have never driven a car that has them move left and right. I imagine they are pretty cool, but cornering lights might be as good.

3. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

#43 dsm363, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
    Cornering headlights probably are really cool but I've never seen them as well. Most turns are taken at lower speeds in the city so the cornering light seems to work very well.

4. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Here they are in an SM -- and a DS. They appear even better behind the wheel then they do in the video.

5. spatterso911

spatterso911 P100DL - Raven

I've had both types (articulating headlamps = M5, LR3; Cornering lamps = Caddy Catera), and the articulating headlamps are marginally better, but only because they project farther than the cornering lamps, although the cornering lamps are brighter and illuminate a more useable area closer to the car.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, those are the most impressive articulating lamps I've every seen.

6. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Me too. Impressive is the only word I could come up with.

7. ChrisgG

ChrisgG Member

Well advertising is always trying to sound good with getting as close to lying as possible without getting burned too much...

49'000$, 300miles range, 5,6s to 60 mph (nobody did mention that they only go partly together ;))
    low cost in maintenance..... only 600$ per year
    Fast charging included in 60kw pack... you only have to pay to activate it

Marketing is always like that, sometimes it's honest mistakes, sometimes they just don't care.

8. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

9. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

@vfx - IIRC, Robert is great at following up on stuff like this and triggering retractions and such.

10. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Bless him!

11. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

I put a comment there.

12. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

#52 Robert.Boston, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
    I voted that up; nicely done. MB itself doesn't make the "first and only" claims, so there's no responsible party to elicit a retraction from. MSN Autos is simply wrongly reporting a fact -- "oh, no, something is wrong on the internet!"

13. cloroxbb

cloroxbb Member

Kind of depends on what they mean by "full web browser" though doesnt it? If they deem the use of Flash and other Video playback applications as needed to be considered full...

14. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

This one is from another EV.

The Fiat 500 claims to have a "unique creep" feature that mimics ICE cars at stop lights.

It's in the brochure and that phrase is getting copied about the internet.

Unique "creep" feature mirrors conventional powertrains

The Roadster has had this feature since 2008.

15. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

The unique feature on the Fiat 500e would be: if you run out of charge, place a stamp on it and drop it into the nearest U.S. mail box to have it safely returned home. :wink:

16. kcveins

kcveins delivery 2/7

ROTFLMAO!

17. andrew kelsey

andrew kelsey Member

As I have pointed out in the thread "false BMW claims" BMW are advertising using the following text:

"The new BMW i3, the world's first premium car to be truly born electric from the ground up."

This appeared in their advert for the new car in the Daily Telegraph, a national newspaper, on Tuesday August 27th. I've written to complain to the Advertising Standards Authority in the UK. They are the regulators for the advertising industry here and they should deal with it but I think it would help if Tesla themselves objected to the false claim.