Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regarding Self-Opening “DoorS”?

tanner

Nov 17, 2013
SoCal
Regarding the X’s self-opening doors, do both the driver and passenger front doors self-present or just the driver’s? Taken from the Model X’s description of features:

“Automatic opening and closing front doors;”
‘doorS’ - plural!

araxara

S-P85#3,218 X-LR M3AWD
May 11, 2012
Tucson, AZ
By "Automatic", I think they mean powered. Only the driver's door self-presents. But all the doors open/close automatically via the key-fob or screen.

Bigriver

Mar 2, 2018
Pittsburgh, PA
I think the refresh extends the self-opening to the passenger front door.
164541D1-F774-4623-9B8B-3FC1457FE49D.jpeg

tanner

Nov 17, 2013
SoCal
I think the refresh extends the self-opening to the passenger front door.
View attachment 632437
Exactly, this is what I was referring to. Thank you for uploading. I have an old X that I’m selling to buy the refreshed one and that language of “front doors” caught my attention. If true, this is very exciting. Does anyone know for sure?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC