Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regen braking - Clicking feeling and weak at times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread is a bit old now, but I'm having a similar issue with a MYP. There is a random clicking when swapping from acceleration to regen, and it happens even when regen is not limited. It is not consistent.

We also have a RWD LR Model 3, and I have not noticed it in that vehicle, so maybe it's a dual motor issue only. I'm on 2022.44.25.3.

That's funny you say that. I decided to turn off "Apply brake when regen braking is limited' and it seems to have stopped the feedback that I have been getting. I re-enabled the setting but was not able to reproduce after that. Strange. I'm going to continue to monitor.

I have a service appt set up next week so I'll see what they say. Need to also address some wind making it through the windshield seal.
What did service say about this? This seems similar to what I’m experiencing. I’ve got apply brake when regen is limited and it works really well but sometimes I’ll feel this clicking or some sort of grinding resistance on the pedal. I don’t know if I hear anything but definitely feels weird. Doesn’t always happen.

This thread is a bit old now, but I'm having a similar issue with a MYP. There is a random clicking when swapping from acceleration to regen, and it happens even when regen is not limited. It is not consistent.

We also have a RWD LR Model 3, and I have not noticed it in that vehicle, so maybe it's a dual motor issue only. I'm on 2022.44.25.3.

I've now noticed in on my RWD Model 3 as well. Though it's not quite as strong or noticeable.

What did service say about this? This seems similar to what I’m experiencing. I’ve got apply brake when regen is limited and it works really well but sometimes I’ll feel this clicking or some sort of grinding resistance on the pedal. I don’t know if I hear anything but definitely feels weird. Doesn’t always happen.
Ended up not going due to covid.

I've come to the conclusion that it's normal and it's part brakes activating when "apply brakes when regen braking is limited" occurs.

That's funny you say that. I decided to turn off "Apply brake when regen braking is limited' and it seems to have stopped the feedback that I have been getting. I re-enabled the setting but was not able to reproduce after that. Strange. I'm going to continue to monitor.

I have a service appt set up next week so I'll see what they say. Need to also address some wind making it through the windshield seal.
I’m having the same issue on my ‘23 MYLR. Just curious what Tesla said when you took it in for service?