Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regen Braking Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI All, its been awhile since I have been on the forum. I hope everyone is doing well. Reason for the post is because I noticed that I have dots on my regen braking bar. I know those dots will be there if it is cold or if I charged to 100% but this past Saturday, I charged to 90% and the temp outside was close to 80 degrees and I saw like 6 dots on the regen bar. The number of dots would decrease in number as I drove an stepped on the accelerator but would increase as I let off. Then yesterday, it was 74 degrees outside and my state of charge was at about 85% and the dots were still there. I wanted to ask forum members if this is normal and if they have experienced this as well. Thanks in advance!

I think it's normal to see a few dots from start even up to 25C (77F).

Bear in mind your car could be colder than air temperature due to cold soaking overnight - the battery is a large mass and won't warm quickly just because the air has warmed.

I'd expect the dots to vanish quickly on driving unless you have cold overnight temps.

I'm in the UK and mine are usually gone in the few miles even with temps currently getting down to 10-11C overnight - but I charge from midnight which warms the battery and precondition a few minutes before leaving on shore power.