Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regen braking reduced?

I’ve noticed a change to the accelerator pedal as well on my 2018 M3LR which seems to coincide with when I started to see reduced regen around July/August this year.

Has anyone else experienced a change in the acceleration curve on Standard mode as well? I don’t get the immediate jolt like I used to when I put my foot to the floor, but rather a small ramp which makes it feel not as fast.
I can't say for certain, but suspect you are correct.

Yes, it is "normal" as in "this is the normal behavior currently". The definition of normal can change with software updates, without the techs being informed even. They have more information than we do but we cannot expect them to know everything.
Is there any way to get this escalated to at least get a genuine answer, if not information on when it might be remedied? I mean, what’s the point of the line/dashes to the left of the “D” if they can’t be “filled”?

You get more regen at faster speeds. Try going at highway speed and suddenly let go of the accelerator -> ensuring there's no one behind you! I suspect the line will get full. That line is just a display that the car controls, it can show it full at whatever regen power it wants to. Anyway, filling or not filling a line on screen is certainly not cause to contact support.

If you contact service because you feel your car has less regen than before, they might run a test and then they'll say everything is normal. Obviously it is, it's in the current normal. With Tesla you don't have a suggestions box where you can say you would like more. I would certainly like way more regen but I can't ask for it.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC