Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regen braking setting 2021 Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this the case with the performance model? I’d have thought regen kicking in mid corner would unsettle the car a fair bit. Maybe it’s available under some of the track mode settings?

On the 2 test drives I did I did turn regen to low as it was quite a change from an ICE vehicle I found.

If you're just trying to give the brakes a clean then putting it into neutral on a hill as suggested above would do the trick, and be more effective than regen being on at all.

I only ever used standard regen anyway, only using "Low" for aforementioned brake scraping purposes until being informed of the neutral trick.

This is a real shame. For those that have an EV as their main car, you can get used to it. But for my wife this will be her 2nd car and her main car is an automatic where she’ll be used to letting off the accelerator, gently engine braking, then slowing further with the brake. I’d anticipated putting it in ‘chill’, ‘creep’ and ‘low regen’ to be more familiar to her and help when she’s driving it occasionally.

they could put a big warning up saying ‘this will mess with your range are you sure?’

This is a real shame. For those that have an EV as their main car, you can get used to it. But for my wife this will be her 2nd car and her main car is an automatic where she’ll be used to letting off the accelerator, gently engine braking, then slowing further with the brake. I’d anticipated putting it in ‘chill’, ‘creep’ and ‘low regen’ to be more familiar to her and help when she’s driving it occasionally.

they could put a big warning up saying ‘this will mess with your range are you sure?’

I'm sure you managed on your test drive having had no previous experience. It's fun to learn new skills ... she may love it!