TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Regen Control

Discussion in 'Technical' started by austria1, Jun 12, 2012.

1. austria1

austria1 Member

Hey guys :)

I have a question, perhabs someone knows the answer :)
    Asked that myselfe wehen I drove downhill yesterday...

TM says that you will be able to control how much of the energy is regenerated when driving. So puting the regen higher means the car slows down faster.

Now I'm wondering if it will be possible to control that during driving?

For example: When I'm driving downhill I'll put the regen up to slow the car down, and when driving on highways I'll make it the other way round.

So is there maybe a controlbar where you can adjust that during driving ??

Thanks for answering :) greetings

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

If you're asking specifically about the Model S, you will be able to adjust regen. More information and discussion can be found in Driver Adjustable Regen.

The Roadster does not have adjustable regen.

3. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

Well, I think what was being asked is whether it is just a fixed rate of regen or not. It isn't, since (as you know) it's controlled by the accelerator (or whatever we've agreed to call it) pedal. But I could be wrong too.

4. bonnie

I took 'adjustable regen' to mean varying levels at a constant speed, not how it occurs in a Roadster ... meaning max regen (similar to Roadster behavior) or, if selected, no regen at all (similar to a car coasting, without braking)... or a few places in between.

5. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Well, that's not entirely true. You can modulate the regeneration easily with the accelerator pedal. What's adjustable on the Model S is the maximum regeneration, i.e. what happens when you take your foot all the way off.

6. strider

strider Active Member

Model S just has low and standard regen. I assume you could adjust it while driving but in reality you'll just leave it in Standard and just use your foot to modulate.

7. bonnie

Semantics. :) Yes, you are right. But you know what I was saying. "meaning max regen (similar to Roadster behavior) or, if selected, no regen at all (similar to a car coasting"

8. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Yeah, but looking at the original question, I'm not sure the person asking understood that.