Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regen Control

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys :)

I have a question, perhabs someone knows the answer :)
Asked that myselfe wehen I drove downhill yesterday...

TM says that you will be able to control how much of the energy is regenerated when driving. So puting the regen higher means the car slows down faster.

Now I'm wondering if it will be possible to control that during driving?

For example: When I'm driving downhill I'll put the regen up to slow the car down, and when driving on highways I'll make it the other way round.

So is there maybe a controlbar where you can adjust that during driving ??

Thanks for answering :) greetings

Hey guys :)

I have a question, perhabs someone knows the answer :)
Asked that myselfe wehen I drove downhill yesterday...

TM says that you will be able to control how much of the energy is regenerated when driving. So puting the regen higher means the car slows down faster.

Now I'm wondering if it will be possible to control that during driving?

For example: When I'm driving downhill I'll put the regen up to slow the car down, and when driving on highways I'll make it the other way round.

So is there maybe a controlbar where you can adjust that during driving ??

Thanks for answering :) greetings

If you're asking specifically about the Model S, you will be able to adjust regen. More information and discussion can be found in Driver Adjustable Regen.

The Roadster does not have adjustable regen.

If you're asking specifically about the Model S, you will be able to adjust regen. More information and discussion can be found in Driver Adjustable Regen.

The Roadster does not have adjustable regen.

Well, I think what was being asked is whether it is just a fixed rate of regen or not. It isn't, since (as you know) it's controlled by the accelerator (or whatever we've agreed to call it) pedal. But I could be wrong too.

I took 'adjustable regen' to mean varying levels at a constant speed, not how it occurs in a Roadster ... meaning max regen (similar to Roadster behavior) or, if selected, no regen at all (similar to a car coasting, without braking)... or a few places in between.

Well, that's not entirely true. You can modulate the regeneration easily with the accelerator pedal. What's adjustable on the Model S is the maximum regeneration, i.e. what happens when you take your foot all the way off.

Semantics. :) Yes, you are right. But you know what I was saying. "meaning max regen (similar to Roadster behavior) or, if selected, no regen at all (similar to a car coasting"