Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regen dots on SR+ never go away.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No regen dots at 79% on my SR+ as compared to my post on the 1st page

Attachments

• 66A3262C-EA56-4AC8-94DC-36970D36280E.jpeg
    66A3262C-EA56-4AC8-94DC-36970D36280E.jpeg
    371.8 KB · Views: 86
wait, I just re-read the thread... looks like King's got an SR+ in vancouver and doesn't have the issue. That's it, I'm moving. I guess they're right when they say West Coast is best coast hahahaha!

We have been warmer than Ontario all spring long so it's true. West coast is the best coast. I was in Toronto before the lockdown and it was still snowing!

No regen dots at 79% on my SR+ as compared to my post on the 1st page

I keep my car in the garage and plugged in just like Matsayz. It's been warmer here so when I drive, I'll have a few dots at 90% SoC and then after some driving, 5-10% most, if not all my regen dots are gone. On a day like today, rain and milder temperatures, it took much longer to have the regen dots go away. In the winter here, I'll almost always have regen dots.

So like everyone has said, it's a bunch of factors. Not everyone/car is under the same conditions. I can't speak to the effects on LR RWD/AWD cars, but I can say that the above is true for my situation.

I have a SR+ and the dots do go away. I live in Vegas tho. I’ll take a picture a bit later as an update but here’s what I’ve got this morning in my garage
It looks like you do have dots though... not many, but that's basically what my SR+ does; dots in the PRND area until it's around 50% SOC on warm days/months. Winter is a different story altogether.

It looks like you do have dots though... not many, but that's basically what my SR+ does; dots in the PRND area until it's around 50% SOC on warm days/months. Winter is a different story altogether.

In my 2nd picture I'm not showing any regen dots while at 79%. I'm just saying that you don't have to get down to a really low SoC to be rid of the dots.

Are you keeping the vehicle plugged in? It's a great way to keep the battery at the temp it wants while not in use instead of using power while disconnected. And yeah, you're in Canada... It's gonna reach 102*F tomorrow here in Vegas so if anything I'm having more fun trying to stay cool.

I took a peek this afternoon when I left work. No dots, and I was @ 73%. It was a hot day here, 91 for the high. Peak charge before leaving for work this morning was 83%. I did have dots to between the N and D when I left. I have the car programed for a 6am departure.

All summer I had dots by the D and they only time it was dotless was under 50% so same issue as the post starter. I charge to 80% and have it set to finish charge before I leave. I VERY rarely see no dots even with well above 20C and driving for an hour.

Question, the dots only mean reduced regen but not performance right? The blue snowflake is when there's a reduction in performance among other things? And how much is the performance reduced under a blue snowflake in people's experience?

Question, the dots only mean reduced regen but not performance right? The blue snowflake is when there's a reduction in performance among other things? And how much is the performance reduced under a blue snowflake in people's experience?
Performance is fine just the regen issue. I have only had the snowflake once so far and did not notice any performance issues, I was driving back roads over 80km/h

Reactions: Saturday