TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Regen Pecularities

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by ZeApelido, Aug 6, 2018.

1. ZeApelido

ZeApelido Member

Noticed that the regen seems weak above 60 or 65 mph, is that legitimate?

Also, I notice that if I tap on the brakes (at say 30 mph), it seems to initiate an even higher level of regen than felt normally (on high setting). Have you noticed this?

2. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

Have not noticed the brake tap thing...
    Above 60 mph, since the regen power is capped (60kW max I think) , it doesn't feel particularly strong because you have a lot of energy to bleed off. Below 50mph that kW cap is sufficient to produce some higher deceleration.

• Like x 1
  3. Motor Mouth

Motor Mouth Member

I think you've described the sensation that the braking feels less the faster you're going. When you're going 30 and let off the accelerator, the slowdown is more noticeable. When you do it at 65 it's less.

• Informative x 1
  4. ZeApelido

ZeApelido Member

Ah its capped, then that makes sense.