Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regen seems weaker than I remember last summer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been driving all winter with ....................._______|_________________ to the left of my power meter due to cold temps. Now that it's starting to warm up I've had the full regen bar available, however the regen doesn't feel as strong as I remember. I'm a very conservative driver (moderate deceleration in a normal car) and I found that regen was plenty to slow down at my preferred rate; however, now I notice that I'm using the brakes to slow down (other than below 10mph).

Has anyone else had this perception of reduced regen even with the full regen bar?

BTW, I'm talking mostly about city driving.

I've been driving all winter with ....................._______|_________________ to the left of my power meter due to cold temps. Now that it's starting to warm up I've had the full regen bar available, however the regen doesn't feel as strong as I remember. I'm a very conservative driver (moderate deceleration in a normal car) and I found that regen was plenty to slow down at my preferred rate; however, now I notice that I'm using the brakes to slow down (other than below 10mph).

Has anyone else had this perception of reduced regen even with the full regen bar?

BTW, I'm talking mostly about city driving.

I've been seeing it on my S75 since about 4-5 months ago, but not on the 3.