Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regen setting LOW-Standard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I notice after lasts updates that the regen braking does not feel as strong as before in my 2021 Model 3 Perf.
Im' sure of this because I know the usual trip i do and I know my car. It's not a dots (at the left of the bar) issue, so the temp of the battery is not the reason. We are in Summer and I repeat I know my car .
It seems that the last part of the deceleration is weak and sometimes I have to use the brakes where I never used before.
Another strange things is that many Model 3 have still the setting in regen ( LOW and STANDARD). many others have no more this setting
Is something related to Model year?

Reactions: AZ-3
I notice after lasts updates that the regen braking does not feel as strong as before in my 2021 Model 3 Perf.
Im' sure of this because I know the usual trip i do and I know my car. It's not a dots (at the left of the bar) issue, so the temp of the battery is not the reason. We are in Summer and I repeat I know my car .
It seems that the last part of the deceleration is weak and sometimes I have to use the brakes where I never used before.
Another strange things is that many Model 3 have still the setting in regen ( LOW and STANDARD). many others have no more this setting
I have experienced the same thing in my new 2021 AWD vs. my 2018 Model 3 RWD.

Reactions: Snowball316
did you call Tesla for this issue?

Assuming the battery isn't near full charge and actually limiting regen braking then they must have modified the tuning. One reason I can think of would be be to exercise the friction brakes more. Not using the friction brakes at all actually can cause some maintenance issues as well, ideally they should be used every once in a while to keep them operating properly. Another thought may be that since they removed the "low" regen option in June 2020 maybe they split the difference in Regen levels between Standard and Low? No idea but one pedal driving is one the best features of an EV while dealing with city traffic. I hope they tune it well enough to stop as it should.