Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

regenerated breaks when on Autopilot or Cruise control

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know how if regenerated breaks is what Tesla uses when on Auto Pilot or Cruise Control? Reason why I ask is, I have noticed often time when I am on Autopilot or Cruise control and if the car needs to slow down due to traffic, my brake peddle gets automatically presses as if I am breaking manually? So does the Tesla's not use the regenerated breaks at that time and only used when you lift your foot off the accelerator?

Thanks,
Paul S.

Does anyone know how if regenerated breaks is what Tesla uses when on Auto Pilot or Cruise Control? Reason why I ask is, I have noticed often time when I am on Autopilot or Cruise control and if the car needs to slow down due to traffic, my brake peddle gets automatically presses as if I am breaking manually? So does the Tesla's not use the regenerated breaks at that time and only used when you lift your foot off the accelerator?
You can glance at the horizontal regen bar near the top quarter of the touchscreen. A green bar from the center extending left indicates regenerative braking. AFAIK, a gray bar past that indicates friction brakes. What I've noticed is that even though the brake pedal moves when AP slows the car down, it uses mostly/all regen until it needs to stop faster than the regen can manage.

Having AP use as much regen as possible makes sense since Tesla is fanatical about maximizing efficiency and range.

Reactions: Paul1
Upvote 0