Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regenerative Braking Option after 2022.16.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cant seem to find the option of changing regenerative braking settings after 2022.16.1 update today. Heard somewhere that there is an option to apply regular brakes if regen is not available. Cant seem to find that option, as I would like to use that.

Cant seem to find the option of changing regenerative braking settings after 2022.16.1 update today. Heard somewhere that there is an option to apply regular brakes if regen is not available. Cant seem to find that option, as I would like to use that.
Did not get it either but checked with Tesla service here in Toronto. They checked a few other Teslas with the update and none got this. They suggested the actual brake software update is likely yet to arrive??

Just for the record, for new cars which dont have the selection of regen levels, if Tesla just adds the functionality as the standard, I will be totally fine.

Regen is the way to go to maximize the battery life. For folks who say that regen causes issues in winters, that is likely already taken care of by improved traction control in new cars.

Just for the record, for new cars which dont have the selection of regen levels, if Tesla just adds the functionality as the standard, I will be totally fine.

Regen is the way to go to maximize the battery life. For folks who say that regen causes issues in winters, that is likely already taken care of by improved traction control in new cars.
Coasting is more efficient than using regen. max regen is just for convenience , aka, one pedal driving which I love.