Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regenerative braking setting in V. 2022.16.1.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i just downloaded v. 2022.16.1.1 and the release notes state the following:

"Your vehicle can now automatically apply regular brakes for consistent deceleration when regenerative braking is limited due to battery temperature or state of charge. To enable, tap Controls > Pedals & Steering > Apply Brakes When Regenerative Braking Is Limited."

However, I cannot find the setting mentioned in the note. Neither Controls nor Pedals & Steering have such a setting. Has anyone been successful in finding this setting? Thanks.

It appears this function is limited to certain hardware.

Per the release notes:
946D747B-CF8E-402B-A9A7-F917809A441B.jpeg

Yay! I’ve been hoping for this feature since the day I bought my car. I live on a hill and have severely limited regen every morning even in warm weather at modest (~60%) SOC. Regen only works for the first 20 seconds or so and quickly begins to fade as I continue downhill. The (predictable) unpredictability is rather unpleasant.

I haven’t received the update yet but I would expect them to slowly roll this out to those most in need first - cars with LFP batteries who were advised to charge to 100% daily.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Maybe it’s only for older 3/Y’s, but I don’t know. In any case, since the release notes in your car didn’t include that item, you’re not missing something you’re supposed to have.
I have an early 19 and I don't have that braking feature even though I just installed 22.16.1.1, neither is it identified in my control panel. Perhaps it's limited to cars with 3.0, I have the 2.5 in my 19.

Can confirm I DON'T have this feature on a 2020 (so non-LFP) M3P, Euro spec so HW3.0.

I have the usual pre-nerf regen options that newer cars don't have, yet don't have this aspect of the feature, so it seems like it applies to a very narrow band of 3/Y, if at all (@DBV1 said he got it in a refresh S).

"Note: This feature appears to be in testing and is not available for production vehicles."

I guess we can stop guessing. 🤷‍♂️

• Informative
Reactions: BitJam and Durzel