Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regenerative braking temporarily off.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have just (about 2 weeks ago) started getting a message on first startup of the day to the effect that "regen is temporarily not operational". This is a normal message if the battery is fully charged but not the case here. Regen actually is operational immediately (as it should be) and the message doesn't appear again even though I go to Park and restart. Seems to only display after shutdown for a time. I'm on 2020.8 but can't relate the message to a software change. Any ideas?

Does it say “not operational” or “temporarily reduced”?

if it says “not operational”, that’s something you should contact Tesla Service about.

if it says “temporarily reduced”, that’s because the battery is cold. Yes, 14C is considered cold for full regeneration capabilities.

Does it say “not operational” or “temporarily reduced”?

if it says “not operational”, that’s something you should contact Tesla Service about.

if it says “temporarily reduced”, that’s because the battery is cold. Yes, 14C is considered cold for full regeneration capabilities.
Sorry everyone that I didn't post the actual message. Have had confirmation on the reason for this. If the battery temperature drops below 20C you can get a message to the effect that full regen will return after some driving. I did realize that there was a dependency with regen on temperature but imagined that it would only affect folk who experienced snow -)

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors