Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regenerative Braking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish there was a setting for even stronger regen.

When I let people test drive my car, the first thing I tell them is that the car does not coast. If you want to coast, you need to hold the pedal down slightly, which feels like you’re “feeding gas”, but you’re actually not. That makes sense to people and they quickly learn. Both of my kids (new drivers) mastered regen very quickly.

When I let people test drive my car, the first thing I tell them is that the car does not coast. If you want to coast, you need to hold the pedal down slightly, which feels like you’re “feeding gas”, but you’re actually not. That makes sense to people and they quickly learn. Both of my kids (new drivers) mastered regen very quickly.

Yeah, it's very intuitive and a great feature of electric drive. I can't wait to convert my family and friends :)

Reactions: Falkirk
My wife got used to the regen brake very quickly. So one day I got a call in the middle of work from her saying that the car is not working. She said the car was not slowing down when she release the accel pedal. It was because she charged to 100% the night before preparing for a long trip that morning. Sure enough the regen brake came back after she drove about 30 to 40 miles.
She should've seen a message saying the regen is limited. I just did a road trip and charged it to 100% for the first time and the dash gave me that message

I also wish the regen was stronger. I've test driven the Bolt and it's a very strong regen. Hope this will be in a future update