Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regenerative Braking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really like using the regenerative braking when appropriate instead of the brake pedal to slow down and/or come to a stop. I was wondering though…. Do the brake lights come on during regenerative braking?

Are the brakes "blended" (so that if you use the pedal, the car uses regen, then only adds friction when regen isn't sufficient)? That's how the Bolt worked. But if I recall, lifting the foot off the accelerator in the Nissan LEAF brake pedal was "all regen", but touching the brake pedal was "all friction".

Upvote 0
Almost always brake lights do come on. I followed a friend in a Tesla ahead of me and we talked on our phones to monitor when I saw the brakes lights come on. He never touched the brake pedal and most all the time the brakes lights came on when he let up on the go-pedal, even a little.

Upvote 0
I really like using the regenerative braking when appropriate instead of the brake pedal to slow down and/or come to a stop. I was wondering though…. Do the brake lights come on during regenerative braking?
Yes they do. Look at your animation on screen whenever you take your foot off of the pedal. Also whenever you're driving at night. Put the rear camera on and release the pedal. Both times you will see your brake lights come on as the car is slowing down.

Upvote 0