Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regenerative break - please bring the control feature back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Noaguy

Dec 31, 2021
We have been driving model S since 2013, and just received our 2022 model S, which is our 4th model S. Very loyal 😇.

We find that driving the newest model is choppy, because Tesla secretly removed the ability to control regenerative breaking. Come on, Tesla!!! Let me decide for myself whether I want the drive to be energy-efficient or smooth...

We hope Tesla is listening and will give us users the power to customize our driving experience.

Happy New year!

Read through this thread in its entirety:

That product was tested by one forum member to allow turning off regen on a March 2021 build Model Y, which lacks the low/no regen menu option.

IMPORTANT: The website listing says that product is only compatible with the 3 and Y! However even if that exact product isn't compatible with the new S, it gives some hope that something similar might be possible. I don't know anything Tesla's debug/diagnostics interface yet, and I haven't upgraded my old P85 to a new S (yet? ;)), but I think this would be a starting point for what to look into.

Also if Track Mode really does come to the new S, that should allow turning off regen. I wouldn't want to drive around in Track Mode all the time, but if for example you mainly want to turn down/off regen for snow and ice, using Track Mode should work well.