TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Regina Teslas

Discussion in 'Canada' started by AdrianEdson, Jun 15, 2018.

1. AdrianEdson

AdrianEdson Member

I just took delivery of a Red model 3 in Regina, Sask. The car was shipped from Calgary. They said I was the second in the province but the first in Regina. I’m curious If anyone else out there has a reservation or is expecting a 3 here in the near future?

Electric cars are like unicorns here and I’ve got some amazing reactions while driving. I love this car!!!!!

• Like x 4
    • Love x 3
  2. AdrianEdson

AdrianEdson Member

Oh and the icing on the cake is that the Regina charger is at the permit stage! Not that I’ll need it... but it's important optically for people who are just getting familiar with EVs. Plus it’ll be a cool place to hang out and stalk other owners.... ;)

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  3. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Well, "Permit" on Supercharge.info just means "known location". For Regina, SK it's based on knowing the host company. As much as Tesla is trying to build out the TCH, don't get your hopes up. Just try not to think about it at all.

4. InternetDude

InternetDude Member

Congrats. More than likely there is no permit yet for that SC location, I believe it's wishful thinking on someone's part. Eventually a Supercharger will go in, but not "soon". I am in SK and have had a Tesla for 3 years, you might want to check out my videos - InternetDude

5. 1.21 Jiggawatts

Hey Adrian! Congrats on the car. So excited for you. Please join our group on Facebook. It's called the Saskatchewan Electric Vehicle associtioAssociation

I also live in Regina and would love to see the car in person. I'm currently waiting for dual motor

6. Lon12

Lon12 Member

Congratulations and welcome.
    Is there a Saskatchewan owners thread started here yet?
    Hope you share your “Tesla moments” stories with us. :)
    I love it when folks ask if I can get my EV going fast enough for the highway.

• Like x 2
  7. lloydbrokeit

lloydbrokeit Member

Still have my S and waiting for the AWD 3. Any time you need electrons in Swift Current stop on by!

If you get the chance consider participating in the National Drive Electric Week event in Regina on September 8th! There's a FB group for it as well as event registration on the NDEW site. Spread the EV love a bit.

8. Nixx

Nixx Member

This is me. Regina, waiting for AWD. No rebates here, so there's no rush. I might also wait for short range... I'm skeptical there will be superchargers anytime soon so I don't plan on going anywhere far.

• Like x 1
  9. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

Were you the guy in that video on traveling to Regina without Superchargers?

10. 1.21 Jiggawatts

It's great to see a few other people from Saskatchewan waiting for model 3. Is anyone planning to attend drive electric week in Regina or Saskatoon with their EVs?

Also check out the Saskatchewan Electric Vehicle Association on Facebook. We are hoping to get some people together for some coffee nights over the summer. I would love to see a model 3 in person

11. lloydbrokeit

lloydbrokeit Member

Entirely possible, Anyone going on the Transcanada needs a stop at my shop in Swift Current or down the street at Kal Tire.

Until the supercharger shows up.

12. AdrianEdson

AdrianEdson Member

Glad to see the responses from others in Sask! I will certainly be attending the drive electric event in September. I was there last year with my Leaf.

I think I’ll probabaly set up a time for people to come see my car sooner. Would there be any interest this weekend in regina or is that too short notice?

• Like x 1
  13. 1.21 Jiggawatts

Hey Adrian. I would love to see the car this weekend. I'm working during the day (shiftworker) but I'm around after 6pm on Saturday and Sunday. I'm sure there are a few other who wouldn't mind seeing it in person. I think we have met before if you have been to the drive electric week event in Regina

14. AdrianEdson

AdrianEdson Member

This Saturday I’ll be at the London drugs Harbour Landing parking from 9:30am-10:30am.

I know this time won’t work for everyone but I’ll try to find other times in the near future.

Thanks!
    Adrian

15. Nixx

Nixx Member

What color is your car? :)

16. AdrianEdson

AdrianEdson Member

Red! With 19s.

• Like x 1
  17. AdrianEdson

AdrianEdson Member

Update: I’m changing the location of the meet up tomorrow to Peavey Mart in Regina.... that way any other EV’s that show up can charge. Same time 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM.

Thanks!
    Adrian

• Like x 2
  18. AdrianEdson

AdrianEdson Member

The event went great! Thanks to my fellow tesla owners who brought their Model Ss out to the crowd! Hopefully we can do it again sometime soon.

Attached Files:

• Like x 4
  19. 1.21 Jiggawatts

I heard the event was awesome. Thanks for volunteering to bring your car out to show everyone. It's really appreciated. I wasn't able to attend but hopefully I can make the next one!

20. ODS Jeff

ODS Jeff Member

Arian

My wife and I met you the first time you had your car at Peavey Mart. We were having a tough time pulling the trigger on our M3 purchase, but after seeing and riding in your car we ordered. We are anxiously awaiting our Pearl AWD M3 with Sport rims. Thank you so much for showcasing your car and helping us make our decision!

Jeff

• Like x 3