Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regina Teslas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What kind of home charger did you get installed? Who installed it for you? Are you happy with it?
Arian

My wife and I met you the first time you had your car at Peavey Mart. We were having a tough time pulling the trigger on our M3 purchase, but after seeing and riding in your car we ordered. We are anxiously awaiting our Pearl AWD M3 with Sport rims. Thank you so much for showcasing your car and helping us make our decision!

Jeff

That’s amazing! The car really sells itself, hey? I’m excited for you! Looking fo ward to future events... I now know of Regina folks who have placed orders for blue, silver, and now white!!!!! So cool!

You really don't need to worry about frequent checking for a Supercharger in Regina. I don't believe there is a permit open yet, that's wishful thinking right now. I would anticipate to see something on the ground not before September-October honestly.

What kind of home charger did you get installed? Who installed it for you? Are you happy with it?

I recommend buying the tesla charger because it seems to be the cheapest one on the market and obviously ideal for your new car! the folks at Sound Solar (in Regina) installed mine but I’m not sure if they do that regularly. You could contact them, I unfortunately don’t have experience with any other electricians.

I recommend getting a 50 amp breaker put in so you can get the full charge rate out of the car.

Do you have an attached garage?

Reactions: ODS Jeff
I recommend buying the tesla charger because it seems to be the cheapest one on the market and obviously ideal for your new car! the folks at Sound Solar (in Regina) installed mine but I’m not sure if they do that regularly. You could contact them, I unfortunately don’t have experience with any other electricians.

I recommend getting a 50 amp breaker put in so you can get the full charge rate out of the car.

Do you have an attached garage?
Yeah. I have an attached garage.
Do you know if they ran a 6 or 8 gauge wire? Thanks for the info!

Hey Adrian I am from Saskatoon and my car has been sitting in Calgary for a week now (I am registered for your Regina event if it gets here in time) How did they ship yours and with who ? Also how long did it take after you made final payment?

Hey Adrian I am from Saskatoon and my car has been sitting in Calgary for a week now (I am registered for your Regina event if it gets here in time) How did they ship yours and with who ? Also how long did it take after you made final payment?

That’s so exciting for you!!!!!!!!!

Don’t know who the hauler was (unmarked black enclosed trailer) but his plates were from AB. They might have someone they deal with regularly but not sure. They shipped the car quickly for me. The car was in Calgary for a week or two before my payment was finalized, but as soon as it went through it shipped maybe 2 days later. It left Calgary and arrived at my door step same day.

Enclosed trailer and when it backed out it reminded me of the introduction to the Delorean from Back to the future.

What’s your config?

I hope you love it. I smile every time I sit in mine.

Last edited:
That’s so exciting for you!!!!!!!!!

Don’t know who the hauler was (unmarked black enclosed trailer) but his plates were from AB. They might have someone they deal with regularly but not sure. They shipped the car quickly for me. The car was in Calgary for a week or two before my payment was finalized, but as soon as it went through it shipped maybe 2 days later. It left Calgary and arrived at my door step same day.

Enclosed trailer and when it backed out it reminded me of the introduction to the Delorean from Back to the future.

What’s your config?

I hope you love it. I smile every time I sit in mine.

My Config is Metallic Silver, RWD, Long range, ugly hubcaps lol (I have Ev Wheel Direct silver turbines ready to install)

Mine got there last monday (1 week ago) and I payed for it via wire transfer that day. I have been itching to get it but they seem to be kinda .....meh lol. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and try to get it here. I have a room booked for the weekend in Regina if it actually gets here to attend the National EV week thing at Peavy. Do you have any plans to come to Stoon for the event? Im sure we would be the only Model 3's.

Hopefully we can meet up at one of these events and share model 3 stories!!!!!

The scratch must have bee painful.. what happened?

I live in the area and drive by the proposed site nearly every day. I won’t be there again until Saturday, but I can definitely post updates on this thread.
Supercharger.info removed this permit point , any word on what happened? Normally Supercharger.info links from a location to a discussion thread here but with the point getting removed there's no 'discuss' link to try follow.

I assume it's a city application rather than a provincial one. Are Regina's open permit applications published online?

84E992CB-2322-40CF-88C2-D04AB5C8D48F.png
Supercharger.info removed this permit point , any word on what happened? Normally Supercharger.info links from a location to a discussion thread here but with the point getting removed there's no 'discuss' link to try follow.

I assume it's a city application rather than a provincial one. Are Regina's open permit applications published online?

I can’t find anything online about it being removed as a permit point. Tesla still has it listed. Hopefully it is still in the works. I would be very interested in knowing more if anyone has more info.

View attachment 339539

I can’t find anything online about it being removed as a permit point. Tesla still has it listed. Hopefully it is still in the works. I would be very interested in knowing more if anyone has more info.
The grey pin remains on the Tesla.com map. However supercharge.info is a 3rd party run site that keeps track of progress towards each SC being brought online. When an active permit application is found a blue point is added to their their map at the actual address shown on the permit, rather than just the center of the town/city like the grey pins do on the official Tesla map. They don't bother show the approximate grey pins that the Tesla site does, they only show sites that have signs of active progress towards being built (blue point for permitting, orange cone for active work on-site) or are already operating.

I believe when the blue point was added in Regina about 6 months back it was at the Walmart off of the T-can/Victoria at Prince of Wales on the East side. However for some reason a while back that entry was removed from the database, and I'm not sure why. The two obvious possibilities are either the reporting of their being an active permit application was an error (maybe there is an application for building a charger there but it isn't a Tesla Supercharger), or the permit was rejected/withdrawn.

Last edited:
The grey pin remains on the Tesla.com map. However supercharge.info is a 3rd party run site that keeps track of progress towards each SC being brought online. When an active permit application is found a blue point is added to their their map at the actual address shown on the permit, rather than just the center of the town/city like the grey pins do on the official Tesla map. They don't bother show the approximate grey pins that the Tesla site does, they only show sites that have signs of active progress towards being built (blue point for permitting, orange cone for active work on-site) or are already operating.(;
There are also green dots for wishes/estimates

Reactions: ℬête Noire