TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Registered second driver, can’t find on Tesla app?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Biscuitman, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Biscuitman

Biscuitman Member

When I ordered the car I put my wife down as second user and entered her name and now I can’t find it anywhere.
    Car is coming soon and so need to ensure she can use her iPhone for access .She downloaded app and tried to sign in with her email and password and it said “sign in failed” .Does she need to use my email and password? That would seem very odd if she could not use her own email? Thanks for your help.

2. darkenergy

darkenergy Member

We use the same app sign-in and authorize multiple devices/cards in the car's firmware.

• Like x 1
  3. Booner_k

Booner_k Member

We just use the same account on both phones.

My understanding is that you can get the car added to a second account, but presumably you couldn’t do that before you get the car. Even on the first account you can’t do anything useful until the car is marked as delivered in you account.

If she really wants her own account, she should make sure it’s working on the website first, and I believe you can add her as a secondary contact there.

• Like x 1
  4. darkenergy

darkenergy Member

For what it's worth, my wife and I are both contacts on the same account, are co-registrants etc. There is still only one login, probably because there is a single credit card attached for the supercharger payments.

• Like x 1
  5. Biscuitman

Biscuitman Member

Do you just have the one email address and if there are relevant emails , does your wife just not get them ? She has full access from her phone for access etc? Thanks !

6. darkenergy

darkenergy Member

One email address, although it is unique to Tesla. So I could easily setup a forwarding rule to make sure she gets them, I just haven't.

And yes, she has full access from her phone. We have both Android and iOS too, if that was a concern

7. Biscuitman

Biscuitman Member

Thanks for the good info!

8. DMC-Orangeville

DMC-Orangeville 85D and John Deere 5100E

The App shouldn't work until you take delivery. It's like that for the S and X, anyways
    Initially, the App worked as soon as you had a reservation. Some "wise" folks figured this out, and were blinking lights, honking horns, etc while the car was on the truck for delivery.

9. Ledge

Ledge Member

When we took delivery, we asked that question of both the sales and delivery team. They told us there is no way for Tesla to link more than one Tesla account to a single car, so my wife and I just use the same login information. I think there is a Tesla fleet system of some sort, for business that have many cars that many different people potentially drive, however I don't think that is available to individuals with a single car.

10. BrandX

BrandX Member

Our Model 3 has 3 accounts associated with it - mine, my wife's and my daughter's. We each have the Tesla app on our phones, and we use separate logins. The process is to create the account first, then email [email protected] from your Tesla email with:

VIN
    new account holder first and last name
    new account holder email address used in Tesla account
    new account holder phone number
    new account holder mailing address

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1