Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Registered second driver, can’t find on Tesla app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I ordered the car I put my wife down as second user and entered her name and now I can’t find it anywhere.
Car is coming soon and so need to ensure she can use her iPhone for access .She downloaded app and tried to sign in with her email and password and it said “sign in failed” .Does she need to use my email and password? That would seem very odd if she could not use her own email? Thanks for your help.

We just use the same account on both phones.

My understanding is that you can get the car added to a second account, but presumably you couldn’t do that before you get the car. Even on the first account you can’t do anything useful until the car is marked as delivered in you account.

If she really wants her own account, she should make sure it’s working on the website first, and I believe you can add her as a secondary contact there.

Reactions: Biscuitman
For what it's worth, my wife and I are both contacts on the same account, are co-registrants etc. There is still only one login, probably because there is a single credit card attached for the supercharger payments.
Do you just have the one email address and if there are relevant emails , does your wife just not get them ? She has full access from her phone for access etc? Thanks !

Do you just have the one email address and if there are relevant emails , does your wife just not get them ? She has full access from her phone for access etc? Thanks !

One email address, although it is unique to Tesla. So I could easily setup a forwarding rule to make sure she gets them, I just haven't.

And yes, she has full access from her phone. We have both Android and iOS too, if that was a concern

The App shouldn't work until you take delivery. It's like that for the S and X, anyways
Initially, the App worked as soon as you had a reservation. Some "wise" folks figured this out, and were blinking lights, honking horns, etc while the car was on the truck for delivery.

When we took delivery, we asked that question of both the sales and delivery team. They told us there is no way for Tesla to link more than one Tesla account to a single car, so my wife and I just use the same login information. I think there is a Tesla fleet system of some sort, for business that have many cars that many different people potentially drive, however I don't think that is available to individuals with a single car.

Our Model 3 has 3 accounts associated with it - mine, my wife's and my daughter's. We each have the Tesla app on our phones, and we use separate logins. The process is to create the account first, then email [email protected] from your Tesla email with:

VIN
new account holder first and last name
new account holder email address used in Tesla account
new account holder phone number
new account holder mailing address