Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Registration/DMV Issues with Vinyl Wrap or AutoFlex?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am considering getting my MX AutoFlexed in a satin black finish. This would be a complete change in color from the the existing pearl white. I would get my door jambs sprayed as well since the car is white and it would look weird to have white door jambs with a satin black exterior.

Has anyone on here gone through such an extensive color change on their Tesla? Are there any issues with the DMV regarding your registration? Obviously my registration says my car is white, but if I get the car AutoFlexed, it will be completely black. Do I need to change the registration even though it's a temporary peel-able paint? AutoFlex is temporary, just like vinyl.

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks!

I am considering getting my MX AutoFlexed in a satin black finish. This would be a complete change in color from the the existing pearl white. I would get my door jambs sprayed as well since the car is white and it would look weird to have white door jambs with a satin black exterior.

Has anyone on here gone through such an extensive color change on their Tesla? Are there any issues with the DMV regarding your registration? Obviously my registration says my car is white, but if I get the car AutoFlexed, it will be completely black. Do I need to change the registration even though it's a temporary peel-able paint? AutoFlex is temporary, just like vinyl.

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks!

Why don't you try Gatorwraps, they wrap all kinds of crazy things and lettering decals. You might also want to check Gatorprints.

I would reach out to your state's department of licensing/registration.

I would be mindful of wrapping the X. I know someone who had a ton of issues with their falcon wing doors due to the wrap interfering with the sensors in the door.

I've had no issues with Suntek Ultra, it may be they wrapped them 'too much' or with heavy material? I wonder if the colored material is 'more blocking' than the clear PPF?

As for the color, this must happen all the time, between wraps and people repainting cars.