Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Registration in a new state

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I’ve recently moved to FL & I can’t change my registration on my X until I have Tesla fill out a form, or have them contact the DMV directly?!
(It’s a lease not a buy)

Does anyone know who I contact to do this? Looking to get my this started today since I only have 30 day temp tags bc my previous registration expired a few days ago.
I’ve searched the web and have no idea who to submit this to or who to call. When I call Tesla, registration and moving is not an option, and it’s all automated.
Has anyone gone through this?
Advice would be great, & a phone number to reach someone to talk to at Tesla or an active email address..

thank you!

I called Tesla at 650-681-6100 and chose the "Sales" option. After explaining that I was transfering title and registration from MD to VA and not getting much help, I got the DMV form from DMV (in VA it's VSA 70 "Power of Attorney to sign for owner" I called that number back and was told to go to the MD dealership where I picked up my car and get them to fill-out the form and apply the wet signature to the POA. So hopefully that will work. Going this week. Wish me luck!

Upvote 0
I called Tesla at 650-681-6100 and chose the "Sales" option. After explaining that I was transfering title and registration from MD to VA and not getting much help, I got the DMV form from DMV (in VA it's VSA 70 "Power of Attorney to sign for owner" I called that number back and was told to go to the MD dealership where I picked up my car and get them to fill-out the form and apply the wet signature to the POA. So hopefully that will work. Going this week. Wish me luck!
Any updates? Waiting for new MD tags. Moved from CA with a lease.

Upvote 0