Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Registration in Texas - Registration Packet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Saxgod

Thread Necromancer
May 3, 2019
Texas
Greetings:

Picked my Model Y June 26th at the peak of 2nd quarter delivery extravaganza. 3 week later we couldnt be happier with the vehicle. My only issue is our local credit union wrote what they are calling a "90 day letter" which is pretty much a normal car loan but with the exception that if they dont receive a title in 90 days the loan turns into an unsecure loan.

My question: For those who live in Texas, how long did it take for you to receive your registration paperwork? I have had 2 different tracking labels generated on my account so far both for overnight delivery but neither of them are making into a Fedex truck...

Thanks for reading, just trying to quell some of my anxiety of getting this thing registered and titled. :oops:

For your reference, I took delivery of my M3 on 6/19. Received and registered my vehicle on 7/13 at Tarrant county. I dont know if paying full in cash matters in getting the doc faster but I paid in cash so def had less paper. When I took my MY last year, it also did take about 3 weeks. Hope it helps!

For your reference, I took delivery of my M3 on 6/19. Received and registered my vehicle on 7/13 at Tarrant county. I dont know if paying full in cash matters in getting the doc faster but I paid in cash so def had less paper. When I took my MY last year, it also did take about 3 weeks. Hope it helps!
Thanks Longhorn! It definitely helps. I appreciate the feedback.

Took the delivery on June 21, love the car and it is a blast to drive. The only thing I hate about this whole process is the registration. Granted it is not entirely Tesla fault but, at the same time, it is just annoying that they really don't give a damn about anyone's situation.

I repeatedly called them and asked them to either expediate the paperwork to me or if there is anyway I can pick up my paperwork at the delivery center before I left the state, due to my work reasons, I am gone now wont be able to go back to Texas until October, they sent the paperwork to my current address on July 15, I only have like 6 days to ship the package to Texas for mail in registration which I did but, on the application that Tesla filled and signed, there was a column for the applicant to sign and it clearly was mentioned that printing the name is same as signature. Apparently, Texas Tax office would not accept it and now I have to go in person to register it and I have to pay the 10% penalty when ever I am able to register.