TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Registration plate frames

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by pedantique, Mar 13, 2015.

1. pedantique

pedantique Member

Do Tesla deliver cars with frames on the rego plates in NSW?

2. TesAus

TesAus Member

No, but there is a mounting "plinth" that they fix the front plate to.

3. RBR

RBR Member

I would be grateful if someone could measure and advise me what the dimensions of the front mounting 'plinth' is. I have asked Tesla in Sydney, with no reply...

4. MDK

MDK Aussie Member

I just measured mine - 380mm x 105mm

5. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

#5 meloccom, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    My NSW plates are from the "Tech Range" Link which the NSW Roads and Maritime Service (RMS) states are 372mm wide X 107mm High and they fit perfectly on the front plate mount. I'll measure the mount when I get home and advise.

SparkiFront.jpg

MDK beat me to it.

6. RBR

RBR Member

Thanks Guys!

7. pedantique

pedantique Member

My wife and I also got NSW tech plates. Mine are awaiting Tesla to collect them when the car is registered. Hers were delivered direct and are on her non-Tesla car. (Is this a "Tesless" or a "legacy vehicle"?)

She bought a frame from Supercheap auto which works well. I guess I wlil buy the same. However, a Tesla-branded frame would be nice.

8. JOH

JOH Member

They provide frames in USA, but I believe that's because there is one standard size number plate there.