Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Registration plate frames

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would be grateful if someone could measure and advise me what the dimensions of the front mounting 'plinth' is. I have asked Tesla in Sydney, with no reply...
My NSW plates are from the "Tech Range" Link which the NSW Roads and Maritime Service (RMS) states are 372mm wide X 107mm High and they fit perfectly on the front plate mount. I'll measure the mount when I get home and advise.

SparkiFront.jpg

MDK beat me to it.

Last edited:
My wife and I also got NSW tech plates. Mine are awaiting Tesla to collect them when the car is registered. Hers were delivered direct and are on her non-Tesla car. (Is this a "Tesless" or a "legacy vehicle"?)

She bought a frame from Supercheap auto which works well. I guess I wlil buy the same. However, a Tesla-branded frame would be nice.

My wife and I also got NSW tech plates. Mine are awaiting Tesla to collect them when the car is registered. Hers were delivered direct and are on her non-Tesla car. (Is this a "Tesless" or a "legacy vehicle"?)

She bought a frame from Supercheap auto which works well. I guess I wlil buy the same. However, a Tesla-branded frame would be nice.

They provide frames in USA, but I believe that's because there is one standard size number plate there.