TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Regret Xpel?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by hcrk, Jul 9, 2014.

1. hcrk

hcrk Member

I am considering wrapping the front of my soon to be delivered pearl white MS with Xpel and was wondering whether anyone out there regrets having wrapped their car with Xpel?

2. Liz G

Liz G P03056

Nope. Absolutely no regrets. After 50K miles, I would have regretted not getting it.

3. Denarius

Denarius Active Member

I regret not wrapping my entire car and only wrapping the front.

4. ACDriveMotor

ACDriveMotor Member

I regret that a full wrap costs the same as it would have to add a + upgrade to my P85 :/

5. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

That's what makes me wonder.
    Someone gouged my rear bumper with the screws on their front plate bracket. Had Tesla Paint Armor and no PPF would have saved it. Should probably get it done anyway.

6. Denarius

Denarius Active Member

Paying to get the paint fixed every time someone brushes up against my car with a bag, or a windstorm blasts sand against my car, or someone lightly dings my door with theirs (granted its not going to save against a hard ding) adds up quickly. At least it has for me.

Not to mention worrying every time I wash my car that I'm putting swirls in my paint. Granted not everyone worries about those things as much as I do, but as I said, I regret not doing it.

7. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

#7 dsm363, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
    If the paint is still in decent shape is it too late to do a full wrap after they correct the finish?

8. MoeMistry

MoeMistry Local Vendor - SoCal

Not at all. Have a proper paint correction done then wrap it. Two really great shop where you're at....Metropolitan Detail and Northwest Auto Salon.

9. Denarius

Denarius Active Member

Thats exactly what I plan on doing.

10. William13

William13 Member

My favorite part of a complete XPel wrap is that I can wash my car without worrying about swirls.

11. UMD86

UMD86 Member

I have an exterior detailing question - I had the 22PLE applied last March. I love it but my question is can I wax my car with carnauba wax on top of the 22PLE. Now before you say WHY?? when you have 22PLE which lasts 24 months. I just miss washing and waxing my car. I will be getting it re-applied next March but it is getting a little dull after 16 mos.

TIA