Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regrets [Anyone regret trading in their ICE for their Tesla?]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've been gas free since 2017. Three teslas later, and I'm looking forward to the new Model S in the future.

2017 Model S
1663077429158.png

2018 Model X
1663077483216.png

2020 Model Y
1663077533371.png

No regrets.

What do you regret about it vs an ICE vehicle?
First, range. It’s range is not as good as advertised. I don’t drive a lot and it looses a lot just driving like 20 miles. When I had my gas car, I filled up less times than I “fill up” my tesla. Second, the ride quality is horrible. It’s not as cost effective as everyone says it is.

First, range. It’s range is not as good as advertised. I don’t drive a lot and it looses a lot just driving like 20 miles. When I had my gas car, I filled up less times than I “fill up” my tesla. Second, the ride quality is horrible.
Do you charge at home daily? Depending on how much you drive per day it should take care of 99% of your driving needs.

As for ride quality I can't really comment as it seems to be opinion based. I think my MYP's suspension feels fine.

Yes I charge at home. Not daily.
Well you did state that you filled up less often with your ICE car vs the Tesla but most people don't think about it in this way: To fill up an ICE vehicle you have to drive to a gas station and then spend five minutes or even up to 15 if you're filling up at Costco with a line. If you fill up once a week for five minutes that's 260 minutes or a little over 4 hours of your time spent at a gas station per year. If you're filling up at places with a line then you're looking at 10+ hours.

For a Tesla though all you have to do is plug it in and it charges while you're home so you basically get those hours back, even if you have to "fill" the Tesla up more often.

Well you did state that you filled up less often with your ICE car vs the Tesla but most people don't think about it in this way: To fill up an ICE vehicle you have to drive to a gas station and then spend five minutes or even up to 15 if you're filling up at Costco with a line. If you fill up once a week for five minutes that's 260 minutes or a little over 4 hours of your time spent at a gas station per year. If you're filling up at places with a line then you're looking at 10+ hours.

For a Tesla though all you have to do is plug it in and it charges while you're home so you basically get those hours back, even if you have to "fill" the Tesla up more often.
Yeah, this! I live quite close to my work, so I was only filling my tank every 3 or 4 weeks. But even then it takes 4-5 minutes filling, plus a minute at the light to get in or out of the station, plus a couple minutes because there are no stations on the direct route to work, so over a year I was spending over 2 hours to get fuel.

Range is less than advertised, but still longer than my bladder's range, so not a problem. And the actual extra time spent on a road trip is barely noticeable. Like, when driving on I-95 it's in the noise. For a 12 hour drive I have to add 20 minutes for waiting to charge while not otherwise stopped, but I already had to add an hour and a half to account for possible slowdowns along the way. The math may be different on I-40 through NM and AZ, but along the East coast it's barely different.

Plus I'm not emitting planet-burning fumes, which is nice.

I bought my MYLR 2 months after they hit the market, and no regrets at all.