Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regretted Not Getting White, sooo....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I LOVE the Model 3+, even with black seats I loved it. But ever time I got inside I thought... something feels like it's missing. And finally, I took the plunge! WHITE SEATS!! All it took was four jars of bleach, a paintbrush, and several days...

(I'm kidding, I bought white seat covers and shoved them on, and damn if I'm not pleased with the results. Not sure how I feel about the armrest cover, but I might just take that off later).

Attachments

• IMG-1204.jpg
    IMG-1204.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG-1205.jpg
    IMG-1205.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 219
I LOVE the Model 3+, even with black seats I loved it. But ever time I got inside I thought... something feels like it's missing. And finally, I took the plunge! WHITE SEATS!! All it took was four jars of bleach, a paintbrush, and several days...

(I'm kidding, I bought white seat covers and shoved them on, and damn if I'm not pleased with the results. Not sure how I feel about the armrest cover, but I might just take that off later).
Looks great, I have white and will make them dirty and never regret it as can be cleaned :)

Nice job! Were these hog-ring type covers or strap/velcro?

I don't know what the difference is? There were rings at various parts, and there were straps at various parts and hooks to connect to them - none of which I was familiar with but the covers came with gloves and the one tool required (a flat plastic... stick, for lack of a better word, to shove parts of the seats cleanly into tight spaces). The various pieces connected at different points to make it nice and seamless, which is great for my OCD. :)

I've heard mention of a special hog-ring type tool? I don't think I have or needed that, so it's a "strap velcro" one I guess? I've no idea TBH.

Looks great, I have white and will make them dirty and never regret it as can be cleaned :)
Lol, thanks! I may have inadvertently childproof locked myself in the back seat the day of the installation, thus forcing me to step on the center armrest and the front seats to get out, next morning the footprint cleaned with a cloth like it was never there. :D

i also regretted not getting white, i also swapped the seats. i also replaced the dash trim with a white one, added white keycaps to the doors, and wrapped the middle in white. i think it looks pretty OEM.

Op9PLeX.png

i also regretted not getting white, i also swapped the seats. i also replaced the dash trim with a white one, added white keycaps to the doors, and wrapped the middle in white. i think it looks pretty OEM.

Op9PLeX.png
Looks good! Though I think you can tuck in the back of that seat (behind the seatbelt) into the plastic if you want to hide the seams better. Where'd you get the stickers? I've been tempted to do the same, but everywhere I looked seemed either out of stock or overpriced.

Reactions: Lindenwood
Looks good! Though I think you can tuck in the back of that seat (behind the seatbelt) into the plastic if you want to hide the seams better. Where'd you get the stickers? I've been tempted to do the same, but everywhere I looked seemed either out of stock or overpriced.

i've been struggling with it sticking out in the sides and some of the back. whenever i tuck it, in short order it comes back out. i might need to tie down the bottoms better. i felt they were pinching wires so i didn't make them overly tight.

those are plastic covers. originally, i had matt black stickers but they were difficult to perfectly put in. the plastic pieces are way better. i got the plastic ones from RPMTesla but they aren't cheap for what they are. you can almost certainly get them off ebay or aliexpress for cheaper - Model 3 & Y Window & Door Switch Plastic Covers- *White Variety $59