Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regular Bluetooth Disconnects - Galaxy S9+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I first noticed this a few days after I had the car. The call audio would cut out and the music would come back on for a second and then drop out again, allowing me to resume the call. It's basically unusable. Happened again the other day, so I decided to dig deeper.

Here's a video of just the BT settings screen, and you can clearly see it disconnects twice in the 26 seconds I filmed.

I've restarted the phone, re-paired the phone to the car and rebooted the MUC, but it keeps doing it. If I go to the BT setting on the phone, I can see it match the reconnect events (which makes sense). Tesla has scheduled a service appointment for me but I'm not convinced this is a hardware issue. If anyone has additional suggestions, I'm all ears -- the service center is not super-convenient for me so happy to avoid if possible.

FWIW, BT was never an issue with my previous vehicle, with the same phone/apps/software version.

Did you clear your BT cache?

1. Turn on the Galaxy S9

2. Go to the home screen and tap to select the app’s icon

3. Choose the settings

4. Scroll to until you see the applications Manager

5. Swipe either left or right to show all tabs

6. Press on the Bluetooth and press on stop forcefully

7. Press on clear Bluetooth data to clear the cache

8. Press “ok”

9. You can now restart the Galaxy S9

Did you clear your BT cache?

1. Turn on the Galaxy S9

2. Go to the home screen and tap to select the app’s icon

3. Choose the settings

4. Scroll to until you see the applications Manager

5. Swipe either left or right to show all tabs

6. Press on the Bluetooth and press on stop forcefully

7. Press on clear Bluetooth data to clear the cache

8. Press “ok”

9. You can now restart the Galaxy S9
This makes it sound like the Galaxy has a "Bluetooth" app running all the time? So your clearing the cache of an app called "Bluetooth" here?

So I think I figured out the issue/bug. I want to have my phone read out text messages, and do other voice-assistant things while driving. The issue is I don't want to switch inputs to have to interact with it, so I shut off media streaming in my phones BT settings (so only voice audio goes to the car).

I once again tried to remove the connections, and rebooted the MCU, and re-paired BT. It was not flapping once I did all the resets. When I switched media streaming off however, it immediately started again. The problem now is that I still can't interact with my voice assistant when driving, but at least phone calling is properly working. Definitely a software bug, surprised they're direction is to have the car serviced for a physical problem.