Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rejected Delivery 10/12. VIN38xxx. Windows not working + more.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to post about my experience today at the Owings Mills, MD Tesla store.

Almost everyone at the store was wonderful and very understanding. I was a little confused when I told the sales person what was wrong and he kind of pushed back and told me to drive it into service to have them look... That's something they should be doing for you, and not the other way around. Otherwise everyone was super chill and the operations manager(?) was very nice and apologetic.

Here's the list:

- Windows not opening or closing properly, even after re-calibrating them with service dept. **This is the primary reason I rejected.** Basically one moment they'd work fine, then the next they simply wouldn't respond, or would only go down a little.

- Bad panel gap between the driver's side doors. Definitely a must-fix for me.

- Plastic top cover inside the front trunk not attached correctly. Service fixed it quickly but it made me wary.

- Some paint missing from inner parts of the doors. Very minor.

- One wiring seal between a door and the body wasn't attached, leaving wires exposed a bit. Definitely worrisome but easy to pop back into place.

Now most of these things they could probably fix, but no one should be accepting a car that's messed up from the factory. The salesman said he'd "never" seen window issues like that in 6 years... Which just made me even more concerned lmao.

Overall I'm disappointed but I still have my current car (Kia Stinger GT1) which I love and don't mind holding onto for a while. Hopefully the next one is better and it'll be a 2021, so that's nice.

I wish I had taken more photos, but we realized I'd be rejecting it pretty quickly so I just wanted to get it over with.

That's just beyond embarrassing for Tesla -- and I'm glad I cancelled my Model 3 order as well. The Tesla assembly line treats its product like it's slicing bacon from the pig rolling by on the hook. What was the selling price of your Model Y ? Can you imagine any other car maker trying to pawn off such a shoddy vehicle ? Don't... think... so...