TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Rejected Delivery...New ISA?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Mike_F, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Mike_F

Mike_F Member

Had to reject a delivery on Wednesday. I was able to pre-inspect the car prior to actual delivery (I mooched around the parking lot at Rocklin Service Center) and found a few defects (large paint chip, door gasket problem). Since I hadn't taken delivery, I had the option of getting a replacement car with new VIN, which I took. The time line was 4 - 6 weeks which was OK. I called my ISA and left a message and sent email explaining what happened. Prior to the delivery my ISA was very responsive and returned emails and phone calls promptly. However, since Wed I have heard nothing at all from him which is odd.

Question: in this situation, when a new VIN is assigned, is 1) the ISA associated with a particular VIN or 2) a particular customer?

2. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Member

You just set yourself back in the queue. The ISAs just don't have enough time in the day to worry about people just wanting to chat. Once you get reassigned and the car shows up at the lot, they'll be sure to reach out to you again.

It is just not possible to have 300,000 people calling every week to ask what the current status of their car is. And the ISAs really know nothing until the car gets assigned, and then they barely know more than the web site.