Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rejected delivery, now what?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm heading down to Devon later this week to buy my first Tesla, a LR MY, and I'm hoping it won't have any issues. If I have to reject it then I'll be without a car because I'm giving my current Crosstrek to my mom tomorrow, lol.

The thing I'm worried most about is whether the MY will have the dreaded water pump noise which has been a rare issue since June of 2021. To check for that I need to get inside the car, I only need to open the door and sit in the seat to tell if it has the noise or not. I know service centers are fighting doing anything about the noise and stating "it's normal" so if my car has and they refuse to do anything about it (before I accept delivery) I will instantly reject it.

Crossing my fingers, only a few days now....
Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought delivery had to be accepted before the interior of the car can be accessed. If that’s true, how can someone reject the car? And what if someone gets stuck with home delivery? Can that be rejected if they drop off the car and leave?