Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rejected Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was compound all over the car and definitely actually damage, tiny scratches all over. We took a microfiber and some wax/detailing spray and it did nothing, the paint is blotchy all over and almost no clear coat left. It's like they tried to remove a deep scratch with a buffer, all over the car 😔
Tesla and accountability do not see face to face.

If each rejected car gets tracked back to the reason and fire that person, the quality will go up naturally.

If the car left the factory with a deep scratch then that inspector has to go.

If the SC f***ed it up then that person has to be fired.

Tesla and accountability do not see face to face.

If each rejected car gets tracked back to the reason and fire that person, the quality will go up naturally.

If the car left the factory with a deep scratch then that inspector has to go.

If the SC f***ed it up then that person has to be fired.
Problem is if they reject too many, they will also get fired because they are not passing cars to be sold. Catch 22 situation.

Honest it is the work culture of the company imo, ship broken things and fix it later. Until it comes from the top, this will not get fixed. Or if the competition forces them to improve quality. As of now I think we have a better chance of the latter happening than the former. Musk prioritize delivery over quality to keep the companies valuation high.

Problem is if they reject too many, they will also get fired because they are not passing cars to be sold. Catch 22 situation.

Honest it is the work culture of the company imo, ship broken things and fix it later. Until it comes from the top, this will not get fixed. Or if the competition forces them to improve quality. As of now I think we have a better chance of the latter happening than the former. Musk prioritize delivery over quality to keep the companies valuation high.
Not true, an inspector who is rejecting cars with bubble in paint will not get fired, that will be one heck of a story if they did that, Imagine the title “Tesla fires xxxx for doing his Job”, but for sure the person in the paint shop will get the boot and everyone else will do better job.

It does make one wonder what the difference is in the manufacturing processes which produces cars new owners report as “perfect” vs what we see here and in the “issues” thread. Consistency certainly doesn’t seem to be a Tesla strong point.

Let me say this All cars have issues. The only issue it is more visible with Tesla due to the dealership model ( do not understand me wrong, I HATE Stealerships!!!)

With none Tesla dealers, the dealer acts the party to accept delivery and fix what is needed before that car gets presented to the buyer. With Tesla WE do that so we see all the issues.

I have a friend who works at Audi in a busy location in south florida and they do reject a car or two every now and then similar to what we read here (transport damage, factory issues .. etc) and tons gets fixed for minor stuff. And the law is clear if they can show the fix is less than i think $800 they do not need to disclose it when sold as new, and if it is more they just make it manager demo for 200 miles then sold as is with no need to diclose anything.

Still, i think Tesla of rate of issues is much higher but wanted to clear when other say this will never happen with other cars!!! it DOES but you just do not know about it.

70EBBF96-D83D-43F1-B2E8-6DFAC74EF1F4.jpeg
A30CBA05-D1A0-47CF-8521-AE71BD831CAA.jpeg
3AB4A3CC-A3D8-4285-84C0-276268D9DFA3.jpeg
B50B3E64-E7FF-4C54-9764-83D495294A6B.jpeg
5079E166-6109-4C44-9958-665594876C1F.jpeg
A96004DE-C4F2-4D21-BAC2-1960480528E7.jpeg
A96004DE-C4F2-4D21-BAC2-1960480528E7.jpeg
Here a some pics of the second 2022 M3P I rejected. This thing left the factory with glass measurements written on the roof panels, and a pointer sticker on the right front fender. The hood/frunk was also a 1/4" higher than the right fender, and the drivers side rear door had a very strange wave in the bottom but I couldn't capture it in the bright sun. We are SO BUMMED OUT!!!!!

Reactions: chrisdh79
Par for the course when it comes to tesla and their crap quality control. It's been 2 months and none of my 40+ issues have been corrected yet b/c they are so backed up with service. Another great aspect of Tesla next to their quality control is their customer service

Reactions: XHokie
View attachment 821390View attachment 821391View attachment 821392View attachment 821393View attachment 821394View attachment 821395View attachment 821395Here a some pics of the second 2022 M3P I rejected. This thing left the factory with glass measurements written on the roof panels, and a pointer sticker on the right front fender. The hood/frunk was also a 1/4" higher than the right fender, and the drivers side rear door had a very strange wave in the bottom but I couldn't capture it in the bright sun. We are SO BUMMED OUT!!!!!
WOW

I am curious what did the Tesla rep say?

I’m on attempt number three. First attempt there was a 3in area of paint missing on the hook, looks like it was misaligned and the paint chipped off when it was opened at the hinge but then not repaired at the factory, then Went yesterday to pickup my MSM Plaid and came early for a walkthrough. Following issues:

passenger headlight out of alignment
Passenger rear view mirror black housing scratched up
Driver rear door out of alignment
Passenger side bumper trim stuck out and you could see the clips inside.
Trunk hatch out of alignment on the driver side
8 inch perforated scratches across back hatch window.
Missing shelf

Each individual wasn’t bad and I explained I’d take delivery if they could ok the service Center readjusting the issue panels, since where they measure from was below 2mm of being off from the other side of the car panel they said no to correctly any issues after delivery except replacing the glass.

20 days left in my loan lock, if they don’t get me another I might just wait a while and try again.

Reactions: Ormond
I’m on attempt number three. First attempt there was a 3in area of paint missing on the hook, looks like it was misaligned and the paint chipped off when it was opened at the hinge but then not repaired at the factory, then Went yesterday to pickup my MSM Plaid and came early for a walkthrough. Following issues:

passenger headlight out of alignment
Passenger rear view mirror black housing scratched up
Driver rear door out of alignment
Passenger side bumper trim stuck out and you could see the clips inside.
Trunk hatch out of alignment on the driver side
8 inch perforated scratches across back hatch window.
Missing shelf

Each individual wasn’t bad and I explained I’d take delivery if they could ok the service Center readjusting the issue panels, since where they measure from was below 2mm of being off from the other side of the car panel they said no to correctly any issues after delivery except replacing the glass.

20 days left in my loan lock, if they don’t get me another I might just wait a while and try again.
My last reject needed a new rear bumper. It had a visible clip too. I would have embarrassed to show this to anyone. I’m going for my fourth attempt in a couple weeks. If the S has serious flaws, I’m giving up on my Model S purchase.

funny how they can deliver a car missing paint from the hood, then another with scratches in the glass, and a rear lid out of alignment which they refused to correct but then tell the customer it’s their fault and penalize them for it.

Attachments

• 68994A26-2998-4811-948B-854DBAB8BB0E.png
    68994A26-2998-4811-948B-854DBAB8BB0E.png
    502 KB · Views: 61