Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rejected MY LR vin 75***

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MGTMY

Dec 10, 2020
Laurel
Went to pick up my Blue MY yesterday and was so disappointed with multiple issues. I listed a few...
*Paint scratches on the hood
*Major Gaps in the top back panel
*Windshield was cracked
*Front Driver seat leather was bubbled
*Rear passenger side floor panel wasn’t connected

I wonder if it was a previous reject since I was getting a vin 75*** with people getting higher VINs at the same time.

Hopefully will get a new one in better shape soon!

• Love
Reactions: unknowncloud
Rejected our 77xxx yesterday. No paint or body panel alignment issues. The left front light was slightly misaligned, there were a few interior trim pieces out of alignment here and there (the worst was the left B pillar trim loose, with a gap of about a half an inch, could see the wiring inside). All these we were told could be fixed.
The deal breaker was the rear seats not folding. One could hear the electrical whine of the mechanism trying to release with no movement. One had to push or pull on them to fold. The reclining part was also iffy, sometimes it would hold, sometimes it would not, having to try again (and again) to lock in place. I guess they were installed very tight (I remember reading owners complaining about rattles from the back seats, they now probably tighten everything pretty hard). Also, the right back seat had a very loud squeak when moving about, something like comical tight leather pants squeaky sounds, or like rubbing an inflated balloon over your teeth (haha, I wonder if anybody else knows what I am talking about).
We were told that the seats might take a while to fix, and that they may not be even able to fix it (?!). We were given the 3 obvious choices (1-address the minor stuff on the spot and take the Y home with a service appointment sometime in the future, 2-leave it behind for them to try to fix it, and 3-refuse to take it). We took option 3.
Back in line now, we were told it could be anywhere from 3 to 12 weeks until a new car is here for us. I think if they had given us option 4 (leave the Y here and get a loaner until the Y is fixed) we would've accepted delivery. But they did not mention it and we didn't think to ask for it until after we left.
Overall a bit bummed as we were hoping to come back home with the Y but we are fine with waiting for a bit longer in order to get a better built car (hopefully).

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Sorry to hear that...picked up my LR VIN 89,5xxx today...a few panel gap inconsistencies, a couple of interior fit issues, and a couple panel misalignments ...they took care of most in the shop as we waited. A future appt and we will see if they can improve on the gap inconsistencies at trunk and drink- not a big deal honestly.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Rejected our 77xxx yesterday. No paint or body panel alignment issues. The left front light was slightly misaligned, there were a few interior trim pieces out of alignment here and there (the worst was the left B pillar trim loose, with a gap of about a half an inch, could see the wiring inside). All these we were told could be fixed.
The deal breaker was the rear seats not folding. One could hear the electrical whine of the mechanism trying to release with no movement. One had to push or pull on them to fold. The reclining part was also iffy, sometimes it would hold, sometimes it would not, having to try again (and again) to lock in place. I guess they were installed very tight (I remember reading owners complaining about rattles from the back seats, they now probably tighten everything pretty hard). Also, the right back seat had a very loud squeak when moving about, something like comical tight leather pants squeaky sounds, or like rubbing an inflated balloon over your teeth (haha, I wonder if anybody else knows what I am talking about).
We were told that the seats might take a while to fix, and that they may not be even able to fix it (?!). We were given the 3 obvious choices (1-address the minor stuff on the spot and take the Y home with a service appointment sometime in the future, 2-leave it behind for them to try to fix it, and 3-refuse to take it). We took option 3.
Back in line now, we were told it could be anywhere from 3 to 12 weeks until a new car is here for us. I think if they had given us option 4 (leave the Y here and get a loaner until the Y is fixed) we would've accepted delivery. But they did not mention it and we didn't think to ask for it until after we left.
Overall a bit bummed as we were hoping to come back home with the Y but we are fine with waiting for a bit longer in order to get a better built car (hopefully).
Good move.

Went to pick up my Blue MY yesterday and was so disappointed with multiple issues. I listed a few...
*Paint scratches on the hood
*Major Gaps in the top back panel
*Windshield was cracked
*Front Driver seat leather was bubbled
*Rear passenger side floor panel wasn’t connected

I wonder if it was a previous reject since I was getting a vin 75*** with people getting higher VINs at the same time.

Hopefully will get a new one in better shape soon!
Just was rematched with a new vin 88xxx. Hopefully this will be the one!