Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rejected Tesla Model Y Performance Delivery (6/18/20)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although I think I’m ready for those potential issues on the Y, I really didn’t expect these many.. I reserved a Y last April, but I still haven’t take delivery yet. Should I cancel the order directly and get refund of $2500
or
take a risk on delivery?

I would be so upset to eventually reject the delivery all the way after I drive 3 hours one way to Cleveland for pickup.

It is an awkward situation.

I'm not offended. Sorry I offended you and thanks for following my posts.

No offense, but reading all of your posts from the first are "I'm concerned about quality issues" over and over. Then you pick up the car, don't reject it, but return it after four days.

You should and could have followed up on your initial concerns and delayed delivery. But you were primed to find issues, and find them you apparently did. At least you won't be buying another MY for a year. Maybe by then it will meet your standards.

• Funny
Reactions: dandrewk
Kinda wish I would have rejected my White on White PUP. By Monday it will have been in the shop longer than it has been out of the shop and has been driven more miles from Tesla -> My House, My House -> Tesla, Tesla -> Body Shop than my other driving combined. I guess my minor paint issues were not so minor and they haven’t even gotten to the other issues yet. At minimum they should take me out of “Chill Mode Jail” on the Model S P85D loaner!

Quick update:

Just got a confirmation for a new VIN.

New: VIN # 139XX
Previous VIN: # 99XX

The vehicle just exited the factory and currently being moved over to the Fremont Delivery Hub.

Hoping this Model Y will have less issues than the other one. Delivery date is slated for next Tuesday, 6/30.

I asked my Tesla Advisor if it has an AC Compressor Acoustic cover (Heat Pump Cover) installed. He is trying to find out now.

Will update further once I go pick up this baby.